Currently Watching Anime

Discussion in 'Anime' started by Shadow Cat, Aug 29, 2017.

1. Necro

Necro Grim User

Watched A Silent Voice by Carl's recommendation, fantastic film. Would defo recommend also. Shouko is adorable.

I do hate that feeling I get after watching something like that however. Makes me feel super depressed and empty.

2. Chrispynutt

Chrispynutt New Member

Just watched the first episode of Legend of the Galactic Heroes: Die Neue These. It will take some getting used to the new character designs and the voices. That said I do love those imperial ships... ahh

3. Cell

Cell GORDON PUNCH

Getting round to watching Konosuba, the first series and first OVA and have now moved onto the Persona 3 movies I haven't seen (3 & 4).

4. SUPERFISH5000

SUPERFISH5000 Church of Pancake

Long time no see!

I've been busy, but that's a story for another thread...

I've recently been on a perversion binge, with Shimoneta and MonMusu. After those, I thought I'd go to a classic, and I've been watching Tenchi Muyo after getting the BD set.

Have to admit, I was expecting it to be a bit better. The dub is bloody awful.

Shadow Cat likes this.
  5. -Danielle-

-Danielle- Whore dollas all over the place...

Finished Future Diary. Going to restart and hopefully finish Black Butler Book of Circus next.

Then maybe I'll try Pyscho pass or something.

6. Cell

Cell GORDON PUNCH

Finally caved in and am now watching One Punch Man (up to episode 7). It's a lot better than I expected it to be.

7. Weirdo

Weirdo UKA Editor in Chief
    Staff Member

Watching a combination of Aggretsuko and Steins Gate on Netflix atm Making me very happy

8. Ch1cken

Ch1cken Member

Legend of the Galactic Heroes + Dragonball

9. Cell

Cell GORDON PUNCH

I liked One Punch Man.

Now moving onto Space Dandy.

10. Ch1cken

Ch1cken Member

another consistently good show, think space dandy is a little better overall but both good

*actually after reading a few one punch chapters, i feel if it had a consistent run id rate one punch man higher

#70 Ch1cken, May 7, 2018
    Last edited: May 15, 2018
  11. Cell

Cell GORDON PUNCH

Space Dandy was pretty fun, like the Bebop guys went on a week long mushie and ketamine session.

I'll probably finish Usagi Drop next.

12. Chrono

Chrono Legendary Devil Knight

Watched the boy and the beast last night on Amazon prime. Very enjoyable, if a little predictable.

13. -Danielle-

-Danielle- Whore dollas all over the place...

Watching Freezing Vibrations. I should of re-watched Freezing first tbh to remember more but bits of it's coming back as I watch this season. If I re-watched, the chance of even getting to Vibrations would of been slim. Want to try and sort my backlog since I'm adding Berserk 2016 S1 and S2 to this list and inevitably more once I buy Funi Now. God dammit.

Making a start on all the 12/13 episode animes and tackling it that way.

14. Cell

Cell GORDON PUNCH

I just finished series one of Seven Deadly Sins, was a pretty decent shonen show.

Now moving onto Aldnoah Zero.

15. dapprman

dapprman Registered

From the last season I watched:
    Shokugeki no Soma S3 part 2 - I enjoy this show, but I assume it's an acquired taste (no pun intended) and some of the food information is complete BS.
    Legend of the Galactic Heroes: Die Neue These - new take on a classic, must watch series. Really well done, with the updates to the animation being subtle, so the quality is there but you still recognise the characters without introduction and the ships, etc still look the same. Only down side is it appears there will be just one series, so the rest will be covered by three films, making them hard to find/watch.
    Comic Girls - not sure how I managed to complete this series. Some sweet stuff, but a lot of poor story.
    Uma Musume - Pretty Derby - presently watching, only seen the first five episodes so far, but really enjoying,

16. J.Akorah

J.Akorah New Member

I saw Maquia at the cinema last night. It was very, very pretty (so I'm glad I saw it on the big screen!) but its story was a bit of a mess. Admittedly that didn't stop me from tearing up at all the climactic moments; I'll need some time to stew over the details. I would highly recommend seeing it if you have the chance!

17. Shadow Cat

Shadow Cat HelloKittyIsMyWaifu

Watched Magical girl Lyrical Nanoha Film 1

Watching Vivid Strike Episodes 1-3 so far

18. Weirdo

Weirdo UKA Editor in Chief
    Staff Member

Its not a perfect story, but bloody hell it absolutely destroys you emotionally. Loved it.

19. Chrono

Chrono Legendary Devil Knight

Working my way through sword art online on nextflix. Watched the first arc through years ago and then gave up on the ALO one. Just powered through that and I'm now part way through the GGO arc.