Let's talk about...random things!

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by -Danielle-, Dec 1, 2014.

1. Cell

Cell GORDON PUNCH

I had that issue at a previous house, our address was the only phone line on a different exchange for some reason and they refused to move it.

The street had 4MB, I had 1.5MB.

2. -Danielle-

-Danielle- Whore dollas all over the place...

Ah damn what side was you on Seb? I was three rows from the front on the right side. I had to leave after the screening as my head was banging.

I’m cosplaying in May as Arale from Dr Slump wnd Dragon Ball Super if ya ever want the chance to see again ;) :p

You at Doki Doki or Hyper Japan?

My new jobs still boring. If I had the work knowledge I could Manage my team better than Manager still. Right is better than easy!

3. Carlito

Carlito AKA Puru-Two

Considering how well I cosplayed at Ayacon in 2013, I am wondering what to do for Amecon.

4. Weirdo

Weirdo UKA Catgirl Correspondant

At the front, middle, on the right too...Fail! :)

Not doing either Doki Doki / HJ as I have Wonfes in February in Japan to save up for, and I am on holiday over December. Need to stop spending >_>;;

5. demon

demon Registered

Things went a bit better then expected since they're still going to keep me on my current package even though I can't get the full speed (the surprising thing is that the download speeds for fibre on what will be my new street are extremely inconsistent since one end of the road can get a just over 73Mbps while the other can only get around 40Mbps and the road is actually U shaped and the first and the last address are actually around 1000 metres or so apart) and they're sending out an engineer to do a survey of the cabinet and the line to the property which my ISP is covering the cost for hopefully along with the installation of the phone line, so once I've moved there I'll have an engineer over to get the phone line installed and get everything up and running.

And if anyone is wondering (which probably isn't going to be a lot) I decided to take a few pictures to show what £150/week gets you in the west of London and also to show what the room currently looks like.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. Cell

Cell GORDON PUNCH

£150 gets you not much in London.

Looking forward to Damnation Festival in Leeds this weekend, expecting to have ruined ears on Sunday.

7. Necro

Necro Grim User

Honestly that's more than I expected for £150 in London.

Haven't been on much recently, I'm having a shit time! Looking for a new job if anyone has one ;)

Not really done or bought anything at all for over 4 weeks. I went to a concert on Tuesday and got rat arsed, then hung out with the band crew in some shit club so that was fun.

8. Cell

Cell GORDON PUNCH

Haven't been to a gig in ages, any good?

I'm determined to stay off the bevvy until Christmas at the very least, sick of wasting money pishing it against a wall.

Will be difficult with so much football (and office parties and the like) over the festive period.

9. demon

demon Registered

Tis the day that I'm moving all the big items over to my new place, and it appears that the help I was promised to get everything moved hasn't materialised so I'm most likely going to be back on my old laptop for the next few days whilst I get all my computers and stuff moved over (although I won't have anywhere to store clothes).

Edit: Well, things changed from waiting to get the car ready (as in jump starting it) to it not firing up and the battery having to be put on charge, so I'll have to head up with whatever I can take and everything else will be sent over tomorrow (while I'm waiting for the openreach engineer to turn up.

Edit 2: Things have been messed up again as the vehicle that was supposed to be used to move my stuff couldn't be started and the battery had to be put on charge and even though I have a phone line at my new place, I have no internet as I wasn't sent any new equipment or filters for my existing equipment so I'm having to use the internet at my local library to do anything.

Edit 3: Everything has been moved over, but I'm still without internet since I'm guessing that I haven't been hooked up to the fibre cabinet and I'll have to bash my ISP to get this sorted.

Edit 4: It appears that the issues with my internet go further then just a cabinet connection not being done as the phone line is dead and my account details haven't changed with my ISP, so this is one big screw up of a move.

Edit 5: It now appears that the broadband order had some issues and had only been put through and isn't due to be activated until next week, so I'm going to have to continue to come to my local library until then and if there's still nothing going after that date then I'm going to be having a few words with my ISP and hell is going to be a few steps behind me.

#2429 demon, Nov 15, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 20, 2017
  10. Cell

Cell GORDON PUNCH

I really need my pay to come in on the 24th, absolutely skint and so much to do in the next six to nine months.

11. macloud

macloud 5qw34k!!

Ireally wish i hadnt done an internet search for the ichibun japanese restaurant in London

mmmm....wagyu beef ramen
    [LOUD DROOLING NOISES]

12. demon

demon Registered

Things have gone downhill with the new place after I ended up screwing up after being told by the landlord that the available phone line wasn't in use when in fact it was as last night the person who was using that line and was insistent that there would be no other phone lines or internet connections in the place decided to end up beating the crap out of me and if he isn't kicked out for that, then I'll have to get help again to find another place (and I probably won't end up getting any reprieve on moving the internet this time) plus the police were about as much use as an ashtray on a motorbike since he made an accusation that I was the aggressor in the incident which only left me the option of not taking the matter any further and I'm now back at my dads place until everything is sorted out.

13. Weirdo

Weirdo UKA Catgirl Correspondant

Jesus man. Hope you aren't too badly hurt.

Take it further if I were you. Only problem is, is your stuff going to be ok? Is this other person your landlord / housemate?

14. Necro

Necro Grim User

Even being accused of the aggressor, "self defence" only goes so far.

Either take it further or fuck with him hardcore, like life-ruining tier fuckery. I gladly would.

15. demon

demon Registered

The other person is one of the other tennents, and I've already spoken to the landlord who is going to speak with the other guy and if he doesn't want to apologise for what he did then the landlord is going to get him evicted (and I'm expecting that he'll end up being evicted considering the fact that he tried the I'm the victim card to the police).

The police were next to useless even though I was covered in my own blood they pretty much said that I had no leg to stand on since there were no witnesses to the start of the attack and if he pressed his claim that I was the aggressor then both of us would have been locked up for assualt and my tennancy would have been at risk.

Apart form all that all I have are a few brusies, a bit of lost blood and a lot of discomfort since all I have are a few pillows to lie down on and sleeping on that lot is uncomfortable with all the bruises and strain I have at the moment.

Well, I got a call from the landlord just over half an hour ago and the other party has agreed to apologise for everything (I won't be moving back for a few days), but I'm still hot going to be that trusting for the time being and once everything is sorted out internet wise I'll be back in the sadle and going back to looking for a new place in Liverpool (which is likely to take a while considering that I'm going to start putting money aside to pay for moving since that is going to be really expensive) unless a job keeps my down in London.

#2435 demon, Nov 28, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 28, 2017
  16. Necro

Necro Grim User

I'd still mess his life up as much as a normal person could.

In other news,my hair dryer set on fire. Great.

17. demon

demon Registered

In other news, Humble ins't taking the move well as they tried to take payment for the next monthly bundle last week and it bounced because of the change in the postcode, but even after I changed the information they still say that it's incorrect so I've now gone as far as to remove all the payment details and started from scratch (although trying to speaek to my bank about this is pretty much like pulling teeth since I went down there between my internet sessions and even after a half an hour, I wasn't able to see anyone to check if the new address had been put in correctly).

Edit: and it's surprising that once I remove the payment details and put them back it magically works again.

#2437 demon, Nov 29, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 30, 2017
  18. Cell

Cell GORDON PUNCH

I've watched more anime in the last week than I have in ages.

All of the first series of Idolmaster, all of Miss Kobayashi's Dragon Maid, Gekkou Gurashi and now onto ep 4 of Little Witch Academia.

Shadow Cat likes this.
  19. demon

demon Registered

Well I finally got my internet working, but I could have gotten it going once I got back as I thought that the phone line wasn't working as the only phone I had which was working before I brought it to my new place decided to give up the ghost and stop working (it wasn't exactly a perfectly working handset since it always had a habit of hard locking which required removing the batteries and putting them back in to get it working again) and I thought that the original engineer was a complete idiot and didn't wire up the line correctly or fitted a defective master socket, but the second engineer found that the engineer found that the line was wired correctly and after he departed I decided to power cycle the modem and it actually connected which meant that it wasn't checking for an active connection after the internet actually went live.

That's £65 I've now lost because of that.