Let's talk about...random things!

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by -Danielle-, Dec 1, 2014.

1. -Danielle-

-Danielle- Whore dollas all over the place...

Seb, make it happen man :p :)

What tee and hoodie Shaun?

I hate how cold it is atm. Going from freezing cold outside into a warm office is leaving me feeling well ill.

2. Necro

Necro Grim User

band merch

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. Martin

Martin guitaku
    Staff Member

I'm having a busy-ish week at work, which is fine because it keeps my mind occupied and helps the time pass quickly.

I basically load up on cookies and company-provided green tea, plug my earphones in and spend all day working through whatever project has been assigned to me. It's the most comfortable I've felt in a job in a long, long time. :)

4. -Danielle-

That sounds great Martin :)

I've been listening to music on the sly. Some sales boys do so duno why it wouldnt apply to our team as we dont even get calls etc for music to potentially interfere and we aint supposed to be on phones trying to sell shite either.

Pretty sure Managers seen it in my ear and nowts been said. Most definitely isnt affecting my work as I'm stll doing 60-70% of our volume.

5. Cell

Cell Ye ragin', aye?

I usually work at home and listen to music, seems that I focus much better that way.

6. Cell

Cell Ye ragin', aye?

A thought occured to me the other day while watching a 4 Non Blondes video? Why do video game writers/TV writers write most "edgy/tough/punk" girls in media as if they're on their way to a 4 Non Blondes auditon forgetting that was like 20 years ago?

7. Necro

Necro Grim User

I legit hate the depiction of "tough girl" trope. Nothing makes me hate a character more. It's tired, it's annoying, it's unrealistic.

Not every girl has to be a badass to be cool.

8. Weirdo

Weirdo UKA Editor in Chief
    Staff Member

Need to get my patio redone first before I host a BBQ :D

9. -Danielle-

I've been listening to Anime OSTs and a LOT of lofi hip hop.

Sick of work, last week was horrific. Lass on my team basically picks and chooses the emails she wants to do and skips the others. We're supposed to do them as they come. We have a new division we create jobs for now and we had to learn on the job which is poop as even I've still been fixing em days later, but she ignored all of em last week and did not one of them. If I had her attitude, half our stuff would never get done. It's not fair I keep doing all the minging stuff as well as still most of our volume. Gone slower from like Wed last week and we've been in a backlog since. If she did same amount as me, we'd have no backlog.

I am not senior to her. We get same pay. I shouldn't be doing more.

Also sick of seeing my ex with the not to worry lass. I need to shake this d*ck head off of me. Not looking forward to May MCM at all.

10. latro

latro Anime Editor
    Staff Member

You aren't alone - this happens all the time at pretty much everywhere I've ever worked. The slackers never get called on it and those of us making the effort get no reward but more work. It royally sucks.

I thought he was in London?

I know you're down there for MCM but I'm sure you'll have fun. Worst comes to worst I'm sure at least Andy, Jeremy or both will be down for Anime Limited for a quick chat and our Mr Graves can deal with pretty any obnoxious ex just by being in the room and looking sternly at them! ;-)

11. Weirdo

Weirdo UKA Editor in Chief
    Staff Member

That moment when you realise that you have barely been on social media / forum as you are busy...

12. Cell

Cell Ye ragin', aye?

I finally finished the Persona 3 films, were about what I expected.

Starting some therapy sessions next week, hope they go well.

13. -Danielle-

Will I enjoy the P3 films even if I haven't played the games?

Good luck with therapy!

Seb, that's good you're busy as of late :D

Not sure if Jeremy will even remember me if I walk up and be all heeeeeeey lol.

Yeah he's Kent bound but I'm a masochist who'd search for his name on Whatsapp (even though blocked) and get to see his new pic. So my own damn fault. Deleted his number now so nothing to search. Long overdue.

I can feel my premature midlife crisis coming. 30 on Friday.
    Still a mess from this d*ck. Everything is reminding me of him/us.
    Works meh but may improve (leaving if it doesn't).
    Don't have any friends outside you lot and some MCM lot.
    And, I feel my 20's have been a waste of a life.
    Yes I've had nice meals, good cons, nice days out, nice nights away, great sex etc but I can't remember them, it's not like Japan which stands out for me in my life. So I can see me hitting rock bottom very very soon.

Is everyone else doing ok?

14. demon

demon Registered

After a few tests and a lot of soul searching, I've decided to start doing livestreams on twitch which is going to start officially soon with anime girls (and me, if I ever get found) Vs advent in X-com 2 and will also include a continuation of my god eater resurrection stream.

This is only going to be in 480p due to my limited hardware, and I'll be updating my signature with my twitch channel link when I'm ready to start things up.

15. latro

latro Anime Editor
    Staff Member

Are we not enough?:)

I'm having a crap time which is about to have a 3 hour reprieve tomorrow when something good actually happens this month because Infinity War is gonna be awesome if I have to bang my head into a wall till I think it is!

Work defaults to Bings newsfeed in new internet tabs and I've been amusing myself with the utter tripe they call news whose highlights this week have included 'Brits have to wait till May for next Sunny weather' and 'golfer attacked by goose'.

16. -Danielle-

What sorta tests Demon? Did you used to Twitch before? You can have people pay on there like Patreon too cant you?

You guys are enough but the distance is poo. If we all lived closer you'd seriously have me arranging montly meals and drinks and even cinema/daytime stuffs.

I want to watch Infinity but I hate a packed cinema but I know if I wait, it's gonna get spoilt for me. Never really cared about other Marvels being spoilt but I just know this films gonna be sad and I don't want sadness spoilt including where the last stone is as there's only one we don't know about from previous films aint there? The soul one is it?

17. latro

latro Anime Editor
    Staff Member

An hour on the train (for only about £12) or prob less if a car is involved isn't that far!

If you want to do more meetups let us know - we're always doing random meets for stuff we just don't tend to do a big boozing session unless we're at sebs (though there some pretty reasonable places to go for a few drinks if needed!)

18. demon

demon Registered

I've done two streams (only one is currently viewable since I didn't have twitch set to save streams and the remaining videos are just uploads of my old x-com 2 videos that are already on youtube) both of which used the streaming function in GeForce Experience, although I'm going to have to move over to OBS studio since it just kept on giving me stupid can't stream with these settings messages with X-Com 2.

And there are paid Subscriptions and donations in bits, but to have those I have to unlock affiliate level which requires 50 followers and to have streamed for 8 hours for 7 unique days and to an average of 3 viewers for a period of 30 days (I also have streamlabs set up, but it's a right pain to set it up to do donations at the moment).

Also I've updated my signature with the link to my twitch channel and removed the dailymotion link since I've already abandoned that platform because of all the spam in comments.

19. Necro

Necro Grim User

I feel like most of my times been a waste. Teens were shit, uni was shit, work life has been shit ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ I do wonder why I bother, and yet I do.

Got two jobs today so thats a thing. Have a trial shift on Saturday for some bar work, but I start Monday for a call centre. As shit as they may be, it's not the worst role (no sales, not cold calling) and the pay is reasonably decent with potential bonuses, and I *really* need money at the moment. Also the hours aren't awful. So gonna try and grind it out for monies

I'll see if I can keep things open with the bar work as it may come in handy.

20. ic

ic Registered

It doesn't get better in your 30s, belive me.