Let's talk about...random things!

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by -Danielle-, Dec 1, 2014.

1. Cell

Cell Ye ragin', aye?

Depends on the company tbh, some will be proactive with you, others won't. My previous employers were utter cunts for that (a sales company).

2. -Danielle-

-Danielle- Whore dollas all over the place...

My Scottish lovelies, I have that Simon Howie Haggis ya can get from Tesco.

I only want half when it comes time to cooking and eating it.

Should I, cut it in half as is and freeze half or, cook the whole thing and then freeze half please?

Alternatively, if I cut in half, heat half, will the other half last in the fridge for a day or 2 please?

I haven't watched any world cup but I'm going to watch Saturday against Sweden.

3. Cell

Cell Ye ragin', aye?

Yeah, it freezes no bother. Open the bag, cut out what you want then wrap the remainder in cling film before putting it in the freezer.

4. -Danielle-

Thank you! <3

Having the pre-sliced MacSweens ones tonight with some potato cakes and maybe en egg (still can't get my head around a poached egg with it yet...) and then with the other stuff I wana do it crumbled with mashed up swede and mash potato then the other half, even though I don't have a deep fat fryer, ya reckon I can ball that stuff, bread it and pan fry? mmmmmm.

Seriously like SLA, please take me to a good spot for haggis and a deep fried mars bar. Hory shet <3 *drools*

5. Weirdo

Weirdo UKA Editor in Chief
    Staff Member

At SLA, the chippy round the corner does a Pizza Crunch, and they will deep fry anything. Enjoy.

6. Cell

Cell Ye ragin', aye?

Don't forget the burrito as big as your head, that nobody went for last year.

7. Chrono

Chrono Legendary Devil Knight

Paid a visit to fab cafe for some nostalgia value tonight. It was interesting!

8. ic

ic Registered

We really haven't had much luck with our pet rats recently. We lost our little runty girl, Blanche a few weeks ago after removing her from her sisters due to bullying, and yesterday we lost another girl, Dorothy while taking her to the vets because she was having trouble breathing (she was also getting bullied, but we took her away from her sisters last weekend and she seemed to be recovering well…)

Now we just have the other two sisters, Rosie and Sophia, and our lonesome girl Daisy (who we were going to move Dorothy in with her once she got stronger)

9. Cell

Cell Ye ragin', aye?

That sucks. :(

I really miss having animals, aren't allowed any in the flat I am currently in.

10. -Danielle-

Sorry to hear about your ratties :(

Hey Chrono, nice to see you about! I haven't been Fab for time. Keeps being mentioned this Con.

I'll do a burrito as big as my head. Who else is game?

11. Chrono

Yep, I'm still alive! Although I'm doing a 26 mile hike for Macmillan at the end of the month in the peak District, so that may finish me off! Fab cafe was good fun. Been a while since I've been out out and had a dance!
    Do many of you lot plan to go to the mcm Manchester this year?

12. -Danielle-

Hike sounds lovely :)

Yeah I'll be at MCM Manchester, possibly just for a little bit though and throwing a BBQ and predrinks at mine before heading into town in the evening to partaaay.

You going to be there?

13. Necro

Necro Grim User

I'm working MCM saturday 10-4, so the cons a no go for me.

14. Chrono

My hike is on the Saturday, so if my legs are still in one piece, I may check out the Sunday. Can you buy tickets on the door?

15. ic

ic Registered

Had my first day at my new job today. It's nothing amazing, checkout assistant at Tesco, but it's a job and that's what's important. Only three shifts a week, but there's plenty of overtime going round depending on the time of year.

16. -Danielle-

Yeah you can buy on the door unless all sold out which I doubt :)

Shaun, where abouts you work? I'll be having my predrink pissup and then going into town wont I but depends if you can get home from town and shit and not get as drunk as you did at UKAS hehehehe.

Well done on bagging a job ic :) hopefully you'll get OT when you'd like to and stuff.

17. Necro

Necro Grim User

I work in Alty so not far from home, not a problem getting anywhere from there, and my flat is along the main met line. And it would be impressive if I managed to get that pissed.

Congrats! Those jobs are like fuckin gold dust around here. Jobs a job, but I always thought it would be relatively interesting work as I don't mind having a chat to people.

18. Necro

Necro Grim User

Don't diss. I used to go to the gym late at night, was great. Would happily shop at that hour if the guys restocking all the shelves didn't block everything with the cages.

19. Cell

Cell Ye ragin', aye?

I need to get back in the gym tomorrow been slacking off this week,

20. Chrono

Not a big fan of the gym, so I try and get my excercise in my work commute. Biking every day!