TV Shows

Discussion in 'Other media' started by -Danielle-, Aug 15, 2015.

1. -Danielle-

-Danielle- Whore dollas all over the place...

So, what TV shows are people watching an enjoying?

I'm currently watching Aquarius. I love David Duchovny. It's a slow show but interesting enough.

Also going to watch the new series of The Strain which starts on the 26th. Can't even remember if I've seen the last episode as it was sloooooow.

What shows are people excited for?

I new the new The Walking Dead NOOOOOOW.

Also cannot wait for The X-Files. Love how the Smoking Man and The Lone Gunmen are back but Monica Reyes? No thank you! I grew to like her on the show but nuh uh! I wanted classic X-Files since I'm only getting 6 episodes.

2. Mormegil

Mormegil 12professions 13accidents

Is that getting a reboot? :O

3. Necro

Necro Grim User

Don't watch much TV but due to boredom I started watching old episodes of Ramseys Kitchen nightmares and I'm Alan Partridge.

4. Weirdo

Weirdo UKA Editor in Chief
    Staff Member

Have started watching Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt, which is hilarious to the point where I cringe a lot :D

Waiting to wade into Parks and Recreation as well. Saw a couple episodes from a set at a friend's house, and yeah, its excellent.

5. S.D. Hester

S.D. Hester Registered

Ripper Street (I know I'm late but I ain't paying for Amazon Prime)
    Falling Skies
    Hannibal

6. latro

latro Anime Editor
    Staff Member

Great British Bake off anf Great British Menu.

Yes I know but theres naff all else on until its time to fly to America to watch Agents of SHIELD and Big Bang Theory.

7. Martin

Martin guitaku
    Staff Member

Most of what I watch consists of documentaries (I've almost exhausted the Science & Nature and History categories on iplayer) but I've really enjoyed Humans that recently had a run on Channel 4. Imagine the general premise of Time of Eve, but in a present-day London. It's the sort of thing that I wish appeared on TV more often. It doesn't break much new ground from the POV of us SF geeks, but it was well acted and a darned sight better than the big-budget I, Robot movie.

In a similar vein, I...'enjoyed' isn't necessarily the right word, but Black Mirror is excellent. Most of the stories are rather dark and downbeat, but it does what the best SF does. I'm a huge admirer of Charlie Brooker's comedic output, but it turns out that he can work extremely well in more serious drama.

8. megalomaniac

I enjoyed it to, and it's definitely something we need more of here, but I'm not sure I'd compare it to Time of Eve outside some of the core ideas. It's good but it's no Time of Eve and they take somewhat different approaches to some of the same themes.

They teased another series at the so here's hoping it doesn't lose it's way.

9. CrimsonScholar

CrimsonScholar Uka-no-Mitama-no-kami

Currently watching

Hannibal S3. - I was pissed when I heard it wasn't getting renewed for another season.
    True Detective S2

Planning on starting
    Humans
    The Strain S2
    Dark Matter - Only reason i'm watching this is because of the Stargate writers that are involved.

10. -Danielle-

Crimson, was True Detective Season 2 as bad as I've heard? I was hoping for good things so I could blitz it.

I need How To Get Away With Murder to hurry it up and get released. Very interesting show for sure.

I watch Made In Chelsea for my trash tv guilty pleasisure.

Yeah Mormegil The X-Files is coming back next year! They've been posting the odd photo on their Instagram. I cannot wait! The X-Files was a large part of my life in High School. I remember getting into it in Year 7 being the only person I knew who liked it.

I still need to watch Season 2 of Revolution. It's a shame it wasn't renewed for longer as it's a decent enough watch. Unless of course I watch to find out Season 2 was poo compared to Season 1 haha.

11. CrimsonScholar

To me it was like an you average detective show, season 1 is by far superior in every way. But I am glad I watched it so id say its still worth a one time watch.

12. -Danielle-

Opted to resume where I got up to on Hercules Season 3. I really do love this show still. Xena is the best though, always.

I miss my youth and shows like this :(

13. CrimsonScholar

Hercules and Xena were amazing, one of the best shows channel 5 ever picked up.

I might make time to re-watch these now.

14. doogle

doogle Registered

my tivo box isnt doing much now cos there isnt alot on tv i wanna watch :(

iv got

bad robots
    mythbusters
    ninja warrior
    police squad

15. -Danielle-

Rewatch them Crimson! I'm enjoying them a lot. Help me shut down nicely before it's time to sleep too.

I've seen plenty of Xena re-runs but with Herc I only ever watched them the once when they were shown on TV so it's really nice getting to experience certain episodes as if it was the first time again :)

Like I can't remember at all how the Hercules episodes with Calisto in go so well excited for that cameo!!!

16. duoinchains

duoinchains t'other resident yaoi fan

Really enjoying Deutschland83, great attention to detail and a pretty decent portrayal of the Cold War tensions of the time.

And Shetland is scratching the scandiwegian crime itch (its closer to Wallander or The Bridge than most of the homegrown police procedurals)

Other than those, the usual NCIS, Agents of Shield, Agent Carter and Ripper Street Series 4.

17. Manning

Manning The Lunatic Fringe

I started watching Mr. Robot on Amazon Prime the other day. I wasn't sure I would like it, in a show which looked like it had little to no action in it, and was essentially about hacking.

Oh how wrong was I.

6 episode in and I'm like WTF, it's really pulling at the emotions.

18. Kadngi

Kadngi Registered

Well generally, I don't watch a lot of TV. However, I do watch TV shows whenever they either come out on DVD or out on iTunes or Amazon Video. I'm a huge fan of Game of Thrones.

I've recently just downloaded the first episode of The Shannara Chronicles on iTunes, which I will get round to watching shortly. The show is based on the Shannara fantasy series novels by Terry Brooks, which I started reading a while ago. Hopefully the TV adaptation is good.

Also I watched a couple of the X-Files mini-series, which I'm really enjoying. I been a huge fan of that show and was really happy that they brought that show back after about fourteen years being off the air I think.

19. duoinchains

mmmmm... second series of Bosch on Amazon :D

20. duoinchains

Awesome... new series of brilliantly bonkers Victorian horror mash-up Penny Dreadful has started on Sky Atlantic. Such a shame Billie Piper's character lost that fabulous faux-Oirish accent last series. I long for it's return.

Also, new series of The Tunnel (Decent Anglo-French conversion of Scandiwegian crime drama The Bridge) has well and truly caught me in it's web.