What did you get this week?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by SUPERFISH5000, Apr 21, 2012.

1. -Danielle-

-Danielle- Whore dollas all over the place...

Handsome Jack figure, Battleborn tshirt, loads of meals out and I've bought stuff to do a potential Casual D.Va cosplay for Manchester/London MCM.

2. ic

ic Registered

[​IMG]

Some random stuff today - a pair of those "Totaku" figures, Crash Bandicoot and The Hunter from Bloodborne. It's no ultra detailed Figmas but it's a hell of a lot cheaper, and I'm just happy to have a representation of one my favourite games (and the only "soulsborne" game I've ever completed) on display.

And a a classic album by Johnny Cash, I Walk the Line. 2017 reprint which also comes with a download. So my dad gets the vinyl, and I get a copy to listen to on my computer or music player.

Though whoever did the tags for the MP3s was lazy, it didn't even have the genre, year, or total number of tracks tagged. Yet they did include copyright info in the notes tag… strange priorities :rolleyes:

Oh and I got some paints and a paintbrush too but that's not interesting really :confused:

3. dapprman

dapprman Registered

Just for the other fountain pen peeps here :)
    [​IMG]

It's sexier in the 'flesh' BTW - the waves are also on the outside and give a very pleasant texture.

Also got a few ink samples from HelloKittyIsMyWaifu

4. Necro

Necro Grim User

Less "got" more pre-ordered, but this with brown switches:
    [​IMG]

couldn't resist. money = rip

5. -Danielle-

Lost another Fitbit drunk so I've bought a Misfit as they have a crazy sale on. £23.99 and syncs with Myfitnesspal. Very happy.

Ordered one with a leather watch strap too as I'll inevitably drunk lose this one too.

Gonna buy some anime and autographs at MCM and try not to really buy anything else until then.

6. Martin

Martin guitaku
    Staff Member

As promised from last week's podcast: Scathach content
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Weirdo likes this.
  7. ic

ic Registered

Dang, bet that cost a pretty penny .

[​IMG]
    Some Switch games. Thimbleweed Park is the first Limited Run Games release on Switch, Shelter Generations is the latest Super Rare release & Lego The Incredibles because the Lego games are always fun.

Still weird seeing the Warner Bros logo on a Disney/Pixar based game…

8. ic

ic Registered

[​IMG]
    Just to show how diverse my tastes are, got the latest two Criterion Collection UK releases, F for Fake by Orson Welles and Sex, Lies and Videotape by Steven Soderbergh, Isle of Dogs by Wes Anderson (one of my favourite directors, purely for The Royal Tenenbaums, which is also out on the Criterion Collection, and Fantastic Mr Fox. Which is on the Criterion Collection but only in the US for some reason) and the latest volume of Dragonball Super.

Also dodgy tablet photo ahoy!

9. Chrono

Chrono Legendary Devil Knight

Didn't realise isle of dogs was out yet! I'm all over that!

10. ic

ic Registered

[​IMG]
    A 3TB hard drive, to replace my not dead but certainly dying (issues staying mounted and over 400 bad sectors) 2TB hard drive. More space is always good.

[​IMG]
    Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate for the Switch. So good!

[​IMG]
    Oh and since I got it the same day, Nekopara vol 1 also on the Switch. Missing the sex scenes but eh, I don't care for what is essentially bestiality, lol. Think the Switch will be a good platform for Visual Novels.

#5230 ic, Sep 1, 2018
    Last edited: Sep 1, 2018
  11. macloud

macloud 5qw34k!!

[​IMG][​IMG]
    bought all but the two most recent releases of the danmachi manga adaptation via bookwalker.
    In all not a bad series at all.

12. dapprman

dapprman Registered

Missing at least one Conway Stewart, but this Powerful Signature (Dutch pen crafter from Newcastle) Maritime Edition is showing a near perfect Poi!..se

[​IMG]

13. ic

ic Registered

[​IMG]
    A 120GB SSD, which was cheap on amazon (24 quid) and has found its home in my old netbook.

[​IMG]
    A Sapphire Pulse Radeon RX560, some compressed air for cleaning and some thermal compound since I'm going to upgrade my cpu fan some point.

Cookie if you can guess where I got these from!

#5233 ic, Sep 12, 2018
    Last edited: Sep 13, 2018
  14. Necro

Necro Grim User

love me a can of air

As some saw on facebook, got me a new car to replace the death trap of my old one. The relatively sensible...

[​IMG]

1.2 Limited Edition Corsa. I could not justify anything else price, age and milage wise. 14 reg, 28k miles. Its in good nick and is in the best two tone combination of white with black rims and roof, which is the deal maker.

Pretty happy.

15. ic

ic Registered

Henry wanted to show off his (MY) latest purchases, and I can't say no to his little face.

[​IMG]
    Deadpool 2 Super Duper Cut on 4k Ultra HD and blu-ray, and Doom (2016) for the PC since it was cheaper from Amazon than Steam even though I just needed the activation code.

And it runs really really well too, thanks to the latest Steam beta and it's built in version of Wine I can play it on Linux in its all Vulkan goodness. Around 60fps on medium. Lovely!

16. ic

ic Registered

Today was the first Table Top Gaming Live at Alexander Palace in London, and obviously I went (first Saturday off work for quite a while…
    [​IMG]
    And I purchased some stuff, because of course. Got the Dungeons and Dragons starter set, some Stormcast Eternal Liberators, and some PUGS!!! Not just pugs, but Battle Pugs! So cute.

[​IMG]
    Also got a cutting mat, because why not? And probably my favourite purchase today, managed to find a really good 2nd hand copy of the Warhammer Ancient Battles English Civil War sourcebook at a book stand. Awesome find, since WAB has been oop for ages…

[​IMG]
    These came yesterday, but I got a new SSD for my computer, and some more ram. Which I seem to be having trouble with…

Interestingly Samsung put SSDs in metal cases instead of plastic like most other manufacturers (SanDisk for example) and it seems to run a bit cooler due to this. Makes them feel a bit more premium too, which considering how much SSDs cost is a good thing .

#5236 ic, Sep 29, 2018
    Last edited: Sep 29, 2018
  17. -Danielle-

Aiming to cosplay Mimi from Me!Me!Me! if I don't look like a tit. Pink dress and purple socks have arrived so far. Awaiting ze gloves and blue wig!

18. dapprman

dapprman Registered

19. latro

latro Anime Editor
    Staff Member

I
    I'd say I can't wait to see it but I'm still waiting to see the Asuka you were gonna do last mcm London

20. -Danielle-

Yeah I still have the school uniform to do her lol. The zip bits been sewn over and cba unpicking it so still aint even tried it on yet. My go to temp hair dye has removed its red colour too and I hate wigs, this blue ones gonna be bad enough! And pffft I aint ever wearing her plug suit one piece I have in public. That's for FB and IG only lol.

Still in budget town this month so my treat is tomorrow going Almost Famous for some dirty s*xy food and maybe to see Venom if I aint too tired by then. This colds making me worn out real quick.