We've celebrated the year's best releases earlier this week via our own UK Anime Network 2011 awards, but what were the best selling releases of 2011?
Courtesy of Twitter, we now know what titles were Manga Entertainment's top sellers for this year - here's the top seven releases by number of sales:
1. Akira (Blu-Ray)
2. Yu-Gi-Oh! The Movie: Bonds Beyond Time (DVD/Blu-Ray)
3. Summer Wars (DVD/Blu-Ray)
4. 5 Centimetres per Second (DVD)
5. Evangelion 2.22: You Can (Not) Advance (DVD/Blu-Ray)
6. High School of the Dead (DVD/Blu-Ray)
7. Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood: Volume 3 (DVD)
No real surprises here, with anime movies doing the best trade as you might expect and a few big-name properties in the list.
It's also worth pointing out that this list excludes long-running series Bleach and Naruto, with Manga Entertainment noting that volumes 5-7 of Naruto Shippuden sold over 16,000 copies in total during 2011, while Bleach's sixth and seventh seasons have sold over 8,000 units combined. Also noted by the company was sales of the entire Eden of the East franchise, which has sold a total of 12,000 copies when you account for the TV series and both movies combined to date.