AnimeCentral

Discussion in 'Anime' started by J.Akorah, Aug 27, 2018.

1. J.Akorah

J.Akorah Member

Does anyone remember this short-lived TV channel?

I think this channel is more or less responsible for getting me into anime. It might not have had the largest selection of shows but it did have quality: Ghost in the Shell, Cowboy Bebop, Wolfs' Rain... A lot of these shows remain favourites to this day.

I have yet to hear any mention of this channel anywhere online. Admittedly I didn't take part in the anime community, online or otherwise, until long after it's closure but with the amount of reverence you can see online for channels like Toonami I'm really surprised that there hasn't been a single whisper for AnimeCentral. Now this might be a little controversial but being in the UK I always thought that Toonami's shows were quite shit comparatively.

With this being a UK-based forum I imagine there must be at least one other person that remembers. Surely I'm not the only one? Was it really that insignificant? Maybe I've gone mad haha.

Anyway, I thought that now might be an appropriate time to bring it up as it has now been exactly a decade since the channel shut down. How time flies.

2. Tweek

Tweek Registered

I've heard of it but I think it was before I got into anime; I'm also pretty certain that it was on a system I couldn't receive.

3. sarfraz

sarfraz New Member