Mad Max Fury Road title does not lie here

Discussion in 'Other media' started by jazddhmii, May 21, 2015.

1. jazddhmii

jazddhmii New Member

The title does not lie here. This movie is MAD, and in all the best ways possible. Easily the best movie of the year so far. The stunts and action are some of the best ever put to screen. The music playing is still stuck in my head days later. The acting (especially Theron) is just about flawless. Tom Hardy looked more than capable of being Max and he played when alongside Theron's Furiosa. Hopefully this is the action that sparks a change for the genre and brings them back to the greatness they were in the 80s.

2. happosai

happosai =(^;^)=

I'm missing out on watching the original trilogy with a bunch of friends on Saturday and then going to see this (but I am spending the day working for a band I was a big fan of back in the day: Ride), so will have to catch this some other time.

[Happosai]

3. latro

latro Anime Editor
    Staff Member

It was pretty good but it was nowhere near the perfect reinvention of the action film that people are saying it is.

4. Manning

Manning The Lunatic Fringe

I went to see it today, was blown away. Fantastic action packed, absolutely unboring film.

I dunno if its a reinvention of the 'action film', but its a darn good one of Mad Max, if you can call it a reinvention/sequel/whatever. It felt like Mad Max but something new at the same time. Was like The Road Warrior, turned up to 11, and it was brilliant.

Best I've seen this year.