Rick & Morty 100% Rick & Morty Forever Rick & Morty

Discussion in 'Other media' started by Neulis, Aug 23, 2015.

1. Neulis

Neulis Registered

[YOUTUBE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ecYoSvGO60[/YOUTUBE]

For those of you who don't know, Rick & Morty is an Adult Swim cartoon show made by Dan Harman and Justin Roiland, the former being responsible for Community. It's about a Grandfather and his Grandson and their family, but mostly focuses on them... seeing as their in the title. Rick basically drags Morty around on various highly dangerous and sometimes very illegal adventures through space and dimensions and it goes from there.

It's one of the funniest western shows in a long time if you ask me, ranking as high as Archer does. It has great timing and ideas, and the voice work is very natural with various stutters and mannerisms of the different characters. It's very well written as well, with plenty of memorable lines throughout the series. If you haven't seen it, I would highly recommend doing so :)

#1 Neulis, Aug 23, 2015
    Last edited: Aug 23, 2015
  2. Martin

Martin guitaku
    Staff Member

I'm glad I'm not the only one who appreciate this (I've only seen the first season though). It reminds me of Matt Groening while the Simpsons was still great...I suppose Futurama is the best comparison, what with the science-y bits.

It's certainly more enjoyable for me than Family Guy. That has this...moral ambivalence is the best way I can think of putting it. I sometimes wonder whether FG is being cruelly satirical or simply cruel. Some scenes in R&M in contrast are genuinely moving - like the 'alternate history' episode where Morty's parents muse over their lives if they hadn't had kids, or the scene where
    Morty explains how he and Rick buried their own parallel universe selves in the back garden
    . It's witty and cynical, but the characterisation is fantastatic.

tl;dr version: yes, it's one of the funniest Western shows in a long time. :D

3. Necro

Necro Grim User

My friend was talking about this at the pub the other day, guess I'll give it a watch.

4. megalomaniac

Another one for your seemingly endless list :)