UKA Stock 2018

Discussion in 'UKA Stock 2018' started by Weirdo, Oct 24, 2017.

1. -Danielle-

-Danielle- Whore dollas all over the place...

If only we all had the time and the dolla to make these bi annual. That or we could all teleport to be closer when we want to hang out :)

2. Shadow Cat

Shadow Cat HelloKittyIsMyWaifu

This was partly the intention for the poll on the Zeta facebook, have some sort of Zeta x UK-A meetup, but I'm not sure how well it would work out. While a good amount of the people who showed interest in a Zeta Meetup either attended UKA-Stock or couldn't make it... Others didn't reply to messages or simply didn't notice my PM's or posts on Zeta

Its still a thing that I would like to do. But not sure how many Zeta or UK-A folks would attend, for the time being its put in the /Might be an option/ pile

------------

As for the original post.... making UK-A Stock Bi-Annual, I think this is what Scotland Loves Anime is turning into. While it is further distance to travel if you live below Birmingham, Edinburgh is really easy to get to via both ECML and WCML and people should seriously be taking this as UK-A Stock 2.0. While the main point is watching things at Scotland Loves Anime, there is no reason people could attend just for relaxing, meeting with people and doing whatever around the lovely city of Edinburgh.

3. latro

latro Anime Editor
    Staff Member

We've tried bi-annual before (fun fact, the first 2 ukastocks were held within 6 months of each other) but theres never a decent time for it as places to go get very fully booked and much more expensive the further into the year you get plus people end up with stuff like mcm/thoughtbubble/sla/hyperjapan to eat all theyre money.

For more meet ups you can always come to sla with us or pop over the pennines to hang out!;)

4. Carlito

Carlito Registered

Even Puru is going to SLA. So that's another reason to come.

5. Scorpion03

Scorpion03 Holo

Would love to attend SLA as i would have liked to attend the UKA-Stock however distances (as those of you who know me) are a little bit of an issue right now. Will see though, would be good to catch up with everyone ive not seen in forever now so maybe make a push to do SLA this year

6. Weirdo

Weirdo UKA Editor in Chief
    Staff Member

Oooo. Hope so mate. That would be awesome :)

7. -Danielle-

-Danielle- Whore dollas all over the place...

I’ll watch the SLA thread for now. See what ballpark costs are from SLA itself, to accomodation, to if train, plane or car is best (ewwww that drive) and see if I could do it regardless of if i did MCM Oct. Looking highly unlikely i’ll find a reason in May to want to go again anyway.

I’ll come to the pennines one day hopefully. Let me know when y’all hanging out. Even if its a day sesh for noms and shite.

8. latro

latro Anime Editor
    Staff Member

Sla will be round about 160-200 for accomadation + the films (depending on if you stay with us and its about the normal cost and depending on how many films you want to see).

9. Necro

Necro Grim User

As much as I want to, SLA is likely a no-go for me. The CS:GO major is just before it and that's gonna be an expensive weekend in London. I wanted to go last year but money was tight. Ah well :(