UKAStock 2017 Feedback!

Discussion in 'UKA Stock 2017' started by Elliotpage, Apr 2, 2017.

1. Elliotpage

Elliotpage Lazy Podcast Lord

Hey all,

Okay, so the weekend isn't QUITE over, but we wanted to capture people's thoughts on the event before they fade.

We have created a (Short, I promise) form to capture your feedback - this is entirely anonymous and will only be seen by the event committee.

The form is here:
    https://goo.gl/forms/pIdsWBpGHqub7nUd2

Many thanks in advance for your assistance!

2. latro

latro Anime Editor
    Staff Member

One piece of feedback - big thanks to everyone for being more conscious about tidying up after yourselfves! It made my mornings much more pleasant when I've not had to spend them clearing a horde of glasses and finish from the previous night before I could have my tea!

3. megalomaniac

Had a good time. The venue, location, and good company worked a treat. Though my neck is a bit sore from that TV position and I'm knackered, lol.

4. rjessop

rjessop Registered

Apologies for those who found the bedrooms to be too hot, did you try turning the radiators down in the bedrooms? I didn't check the floor thermostats were set sensibly... Mine radiator was stuck on zero, so I appreciated the toasty duvet :)

Speaking of cold; I left early to help get the old man's boat to Huddersfield and this involved a 2 hour trip through a cold, wet and dark tunnel, followed by more than 5 hours of operating canal locks. I'm in the middle of nowhere, we're not even halfway there, but at least there are no more tunnels.

5. rjessop

rjessop Registered

Also, nothing but nice things said so far about the venue! I was a bit worried as it's significantly more expensive than any UK-Astock venue we've ever used, so wasn't sure it'd score well for value.

6. Shadow Cat

Shadow Cat HelloKittyIsMyWaifu

I personally loved the venue, location and price. 50 a night is still considerably cheaper than hotels and you get a lot more freedom :3

As for Temperature, I found it was more of the underfloor heating to be the issue rather than radiator but couldn't find any way to change the temps (Unless it isn't underfloor heating and instead the feed to the radiator, then I guess I should have checked the Rad) either way I survived ;)

#6 Shadow Cat, Apr 3, 2017
    Last edited: Apr 3, 2017
  7. Necro

Necro Grim User

My radiator was turned off, but I was unbearably warm come morning due to how crazy thick the bedding was. Once you get out, it's cool.

The house was fine, nothing bad to say about it. But I did prefer last years venue, just "felt" nicer. So while I wouldn't complain if we returned there like we did for Holloway House, but I'm also open for new venues if we haven't exhausted the options.

8. Cell

Cell Ye ragin', aye?

The bedding was an absolute brute, never had duvets so warm in my life- I found being unable to open the window in my room wasn't great, but it was right on the stairwell so I expected that, I guess.

9. rjessop

rjessop Registered

We picked the very last dates available for the price this year and I guess it can be a bit tricky to predict whether to supply winter or summer duvets in March. Next year if we come back I'll see if the owner would consider supplying both, or either, something like that.

10. -Danielle-

-Danielle- Whore dollas all over the place...

Gutted I missed this years.

11. shanaleonhart

I found my bedding to be alright but then again, I'm just cold all the time, lol