Anyone ODC or Prefectionist?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Ruru, Mar 31, 2016.

1. Ruru

Ruru Registered

My OCD (I am not clinically diagnosed, though) relates to keeping new things absolutely perfect. For example, I have a large DVD collection, and I wash my hands, use fresh towel and make sure not to get a finger print on their underside or scratch them -- whatsoever. If I ever did, I'd get rid of them immediately. I have similar with other new stuff.

I guess some people think they're OCD, maybe I'm not. I know it's nor normal, though.

#1 Ruru, Mar 31, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 31, 2016
  2. Weirdo

Weirdo UKA Editor in Chief
    Staff Member

I fear that if anyone was, the title of this thread would make them twitch as much as I just did.

Mine is mild. More like irritation when things are done badly.

3. -Danielle-

-Danielle- Whore dollas all over the place...

I was about to ask if the thread title was a test lol.

Everyone has ocd for sure. I check a few times I've turned my alarm on for example. I don't really do the locked door check so much anymore.

When I see inside out hoods or labels I get tempted every blue moon to fix em lol.

If anything I need more ocd. I read about how nasty taking the phone to the loo with you is and I do that at home and at work. Now I want to disinfect my phone lmao.

4. Manning

Manning The Lunatic Fringe

There are a few things that get me.

I stir my tea exactly 36 times with the teaspoon, as I feel this is optimal to dissolve the sugar completely. I won't throw it away if I get distracted and lose count, but I will start the stir count again.

We have light brown plates and red plates that we eat dinner on, I will only use the brown plates because I usually have red sauce with my dinners and I won't put red sauce on a red plate...for whatever reason. Even when I don't have sauce, I still must have a brown plate, I will wash one or swap with someone else to get one.

Those are the only two I can think of right now, I'm sure there's more that I don't notice, same with everyone.

5. Chrono

Chrono Legendary Devil Knight

I usually have to check things I've done, because I don't pay attention to it. I can check things a few times to make sure! I have a very short atten

6. latro

latro Anime Editor
    Staff Member

I'm pretty ocd about making sure my door is locked. I can really get worked up about it sometimes.

7. megalomaniac

Perectionist *twitch*

8. Weirdo

Staff Member

I am twitching too...

Trying not to change it as well.

9. -Danielle-

Dont you dare change it Seb!! Lol.

Manning you think the plates could be partial preference? I have favourite plates bowls I like to use and thought it prefence. Maybe its a bit ocd if you deem it that for you? Lol.

10. Manning

Manning The Lunatic Fringe

I dunno really, my family joke its ocd. It prob started out as a bit of ocd but is now personnel pref since I still use them when I don't have sauce. We have white plates too, but I don't use those because salt is white, and I have salt on most food too.

11. megalomaniac

That's not OCD, that just means you're Golgafrinchan. XD

12. -Danielle-

What does that mean?

What can you actually use on your phone to clean it? Being a girl, foundation sometimes gets on my phone too. Annoying.

Anyone else take their phone to the loo thus being unhygienic like myself? lol.

13. megalomaniac

14. dapprman

dapprman Registered

My OCD is worst worst with my kitchen. Took me years before I could get back home on a Tuesday and not be ranting about my cleaner leaving stuff in the wrong place.

I'm with Danielle - I think everyone has a level of OCDness, and that defining more extreme levels of it is just another bout of 90s/00s political correctness.

#14 dapprman, Apr 1, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 1, 2016
  15. Necro

Necro Grim User

If you think thats unhygienic, may I ask how close is your toothbrush to the toilet? :') Because it's completely ridiculous.

I'm not OCD and don't claim anything I do is, as it sorta waters down the bigger issue.

I do have some weird habits though. For example, certain foods are for certain times of the day. I'd never eat cereal in the evening and I wouldn't eat say, rice or potatoes in the morning. Most things are fine for around lunch time however ;) I also have to eat in that order; if I wake up at 4PM, I'm still going to have my breakfast. "Morning" is relative to when I wake up.
    It's not that bad, I wont starve if I don't have the right food and I'll eat whatever, it just ruins my day a bit :p

E: reading it back i just sound like I have aspergers aha.

16. YumiLove

YumiLove Registered

I'm not sure if you would class mine as an OCD but I am quite a "clean freak" when it comes to cutlery, etc. I will inspect plates, glasses, knives, forks and so on to make sure there isn't even the slightest mark on it and occasionally smell it. Even at other peoples houses or restaurants. I feel really rude sometimes but I just can't help it, I HAVE to check them before I use them D: Doing the dishes takes me waay too long :c

17. Jamtea

Jamtea Bee cool

I quite like disorder, and thrive in conflict. It seems to help me have rather low stress levels :)

That said, poor spelling and grammar, unless misused for intentional comedic effect, do annoy me somewhat.

18. Cell

Cell Ye ragin', aye?

19. -Danielle-

I need to plan shit in advance when it comes to holidays. I make lists of what to pack and lists of what to buy for the holiday. My to buy list for Japan is already underway. I only need 4 more things...I think. I go crazy if I'm not in control with my packing lol.

20. Weirdo

Staff Member

Lol. Love how someone edited the Title :)

I am impressed that you have planned so much already.

Admittedly, when on holiday I do like to have an itinerary. Not too detailed, but detailed enough to be secure in the knowledge of being able to book decent hotels in advance. Though I did do rather well last time booking places a few days in advance and got us some nice rooms for not a lot of money :)