Better Late Than Never

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Chrispynutt, Feb 23, 2018.

1. Chrispynutt

Chrispynutt New Member

Started visiting the site more after getting into podcast. I did win a lovely Nadia Blu Ray set a few years back from entering a compo. I really like listening to the folks, nice to get a few different view points and a UK centric view.

My history with anime and manga dates back to the early 90s, watching 3x3 Eyes on Channel 4, borrowing Gunbuster (Aim for the top!) on Kiseki VHS and latterly buying the Patlabor movies on VHS. Been into it on and off over the years. Got into Naruto, urgh so much filler. Swearing of Shonen shows now. I have a lot of nostalgia, which is handy when there is new Lupin the Third, Starship Yamato and more on the way. Really want to see Production IG's take on Legend of Galactic Heroes. I have a reasonable collection of DVDs and a modest collection of Blu Rays, I do attend Scotland Loves Anime when I see something I like.

Manga wise, I am a bit more of a light weight. I've read my friends copies of Death Note, I own all of Planetes, Akira and a stupid huge collection of Bleach, I am in it for the grim determination to finish now.

Thank UKAni for That time I was reincarnated as a slime! enjoying it so much, have the next couple pre ordered.

New series wise I have been having some mental health issues in the past couple of years, well at least worse. So I am finding FunimationNow to be more my speed. I have no trouble with subs, I am just getting more from dubs at the moment.

Gaming I am really into Falcom's Trails games and Valkyria Chronicles. Finally trying to get my ass in gear and finishing VC3 with the English Patch on PPSSPP (I own a legit UMD). Ready for VC4. Also looking forward to Soul Calibur 4, I'm no good at fighters, but its nice to have one on my current system. I am more of a PC/Home Console guy, rather than handheld.

I also like Japanese cars, especially cute ones. I current drive a Daihatsu Sirion 1.5SX with a little domo-kun sticker waving at the back.

Music wise I like trance, especially John 00 Fleming, Flow, Asian Kung Fu Generation, Synth music, and some darker stuff.

Anyway there is war and peace.

TLDR
    Long time Anime fan, likes manga, plays games, likes Japan

Peace everyone

2. Tweek

Tweek Registered

Welcome to the forum; I hope you enjoy yourself here :)

3. Cell

Cell Ye ragin', aye?

saw gunbuster

so hello, have fun please don't cry on episode 6

4. rjessop

rjessop Registered

5. -Danielle-

-Danielle- Whore dollas all over the place...

6. Weirdo

Weirdo UKA Editor in Chief
    Staff Member

Welcome aboard.

Good to hear you are enjoying the podcast :D

7. Chrispynutt

Chrispynutt New Member

Thank you everyone :)

8. megalomaniac

9. Carlito

Carlito Registered

10. Pierre Maynard