Can someone bring X / Should I bring X thread?

Discussion in 'UKA Stock 2017' started by Hanners, Mar 22, 2017.

1. Hanners

Hanners Strawberry Sae forever

Given I've seen a few discussions cropping up randomly around other threads, I figured this might be a good one-stop home for people to:

a. Suggest things they could bring along to UKAstock to see if people are interested in watching/playing/drinking/eating them.

b. Request things they think/hope someone might have to hand to bring/play/drink/eat/wrestle.

For my part, can someone bring along a few Xbox controllers? Not sure if we have any major designs on couch multiplayer gaming, but always useful to have four controllers around (and wireless PC receiver to use them with) just in case.

I'll be bringing my HTPC and a hard drive loaded up with anime (like we're gonna watch any of that, psh), so feel free to request things I might have to bring along.

2. dapprman

dapprman Registered

I'll also again bring a hard drive loaded with anime (and if I remember, also the Macros Frontier concert vids)

3. Elliotpage

Elliotpage Lazy Podcast Lord

I'll be bringing my arcade stick and Laptop for MELTY BLOOD (Also other steam games, fiiiiiine), and some board games. I don't have any xbox controllers but could bring a DS4?

Board games were discussed in main thread and we appear to be good on that front at this point.

4. DiGiKerot

DiGiKerot Registered

Should be OK in regards to bringing xBox controllers and a wireless receiver, and also an arcade stick (though I need to decide which one :))

Will also probably bring a Switch. Not that there's a ton of stuff to do on it other than play Bomberman.

With the place being close-ish to a train station this year, I'll probably bring a suitcase since I don't have to worry so much about cramming stuff into someone else's car, which is thankfully going to make lugging this stuff a bit more manageable.

Oh, I guess I'll also bring some anime or something. Maybe I'll even remember where I put that second Kuromi-chan OAV.

5. Random88

Random88 The Videogame Guy

I'll bring along my PS4, 2 controllers, and an xbox one controller for playing Melty+couch co-op games

6. Tora-kun

Tora-kun Trying to improve

I can bring a PS4 pad as well. Not sure if there'll be much call for anything beyond 2 player stuff...?

7. Elliotpage

There will be lots of 8-player games but they are controlled via tablet/phone!

8. latro

latro Anime Editor
    Staff Member

We should do a jackbox tournament and track scores across the weekend. Doesn't have to be a prize but would be funny just to see.

9. Random88

This is a good idea.

10. Elliotpage

Not entirely down with trying to measure the absolute chaos that is a jackbox game but if someone wants to make that effort then they are welcome to do so! :p

11. latro

latro Anime Editor
    Staff Member

It shows you final scores at the end of each round so wouldn't be all that hard as long as you keep track of who everyone is

12. dapprman

dapprman Registered

Going to bring the cult classic move - Kamikaze Girls.

13. Random88

Been a while since I watched that one

14. DiGiKerot

DiGiKerot Registered

I think I own a copy but never watched it.

The book it's based on was fun, though!

15. Hanners

Hanners Strawberry Sae forever

I'm bringing a couple with me which is probably enough, but as I've found from experience you can never have too many, does anyone have space to throw a four-way power extension lead into their bag?

16. Elliotpage

I'll plonk one in my bag.

17. Elliotpage

I've just received my Kickstarter version of Paranoia, which is a remake of the old RPG where you are a peon and the world is run by a broken computer. (So, Now, pretty much?)

The game has a not-insignificant time investment (a few hours - its a remade pen-and-paper RPG) so I wanted to check if there was any interest before I lug it up to Matlock Bath!

18. Weirdo

Weirdo UKA Editor in Chief
    Staff Member

I'll bring a couple of 3m 2 way extensions too, just in case we are too far from the sockets :)

19. Necro

Necro Grim User

I'd be up for that if there are enough people

20. Random88

Count me in