Checking in at Accommodation

Discussion in 'Scotland Loves Anime 2018' started by Weirdo, Oct 8, 2018.

1. Weirdo

Weirdo UKA Editor in Chief
    Staff Member

Right, aiming for 1pm check in at the accommodation.

We should have two keys for each apartment.

For Apartment 1: Seb/Carl/Gaby/Matt/Rob - Keyholders: Seb + Matt
    For Apartment 2: Dani / Dan / Cell / Martin - PLEASE COME FORWARD!

My number hasn't changed. But if you need it, please send me a pm via social media or via here. First film is at 2:30pm and I am going to it, so if its after this time, please come to the picturehouse and we can exchange keys! Or, maybe contact another keyholder!

My car is a red astra, if you see it, means I have checked in :D

2. latro

latro Anime Editor
    Staff Member

Are you the Keymaster?

Do we really need to have set people with the keys this time?

3. Weirdo

Staff Member

Well, no. But suggest its easier.

For your apartment, don't give a toss tbh :D. But for ours, I expect Matt will have one, and I or Carl will have the other :)

4. Random88

Random88 The Videogame Guy

Hey guys
    posted this on twitter but thought I'd post it here as a reminder to people coming up from England/Wales for SLA and are not aware about our laws on alcohol.
    First up
    Licensing hours
    you can only buy alcohol in a shop between the hours of
    10am - 10pm. Monday- Friday
    12:30pm - 10pm Sunday
    even if the shop is open before this time or after this time you can't buy it

Also a new law was introduced
    minimum unit pricing
    basically 1 unit of alcohol must sell for 50p per unit
    Now I know we have gin/whisky drinkers who like the good stuff here and will be probably bringing their own
    but if you want to nip out to buy a cheap lager or cider. The price has increased on these.
    However most of the bigger brands are unaffected. It's mainly the cheap stuff like white lightning and frosty jacks that are affected.
    Basically the cheap stuff to get you drunk is no longer worth buying as its priced the same as the good stuff. So keep that in mind.

Anyway. I'll be arriving at 11am on the day. May come at 10 depending on how early I wake up and get the train in.
    Will be up for hanging around and grabbing lunch around this time for those arriving early for the check in

5. -Danielle-

-Danielle- Whore dollas all over the place...

Since I'm arriving Thursday, Seb can you please let me know when you and Dan are in Edinburgh as if you get there before check in, I'll come meet you both and we can all check in together. Think my check out times 11am/12pm so imma just wander.

I'm down for Zombie and Pancreas myself. During Blame since I think it's only Matt attending it, we should get some noms and meet J Akorah?

I'm the only one not doing any of the last showings bar Friday with Pancreas so I'm a given needing to hold one of the keys please.

6. J.Akorah

J.Akorah Member

That would work for me! Food is always good

7. Cell

Cell Ye ragin', aye?

so food on friday between Zombie Girl and Pancreas?

8. Shadow Cat

Shadow Cat HelloKittyIsMyWaifu

Carl and Seb have my number. Rob feel free to PM for my number (or get it from either of those two)

I'll meet you all at the Cinema after Zombie

I'm not doing Blame this year. I'll post my updated list

9. Random88

Yep Sounds like a plan

Already have it from last year ;)

Cell and Shadow Cat like this.
  10. -Danielle-

Oh Matt that's great news!! :) So Friday after Zombie we can all be together and grab food!

Do you think we'll therefore need to book a table the Friday now as that's what, 9 of us for noms??

I did a google and Bread Meats Bread sounds sexy but I'm happy to find somewhere Chinese, Japanese etc so what are people thinking?

11. Puru

Puru AKA Gabyblue

Carl and me will be arriving about 11 ish so if someone wants to meet up before check in let us know

12. Random88

The Glasgow Bread meats Bread is my favourite burger place. I can vouch for them. However if they're like the Glasgow one they don't let you book tables.
    Also the Edinburgh BMB is handy as it is literally next door to the film house.
    I'm happy with whatever everyone else is wanting though. Nandos is across the road. The italian place a few of us went to last year was quite good. The chippy round the corner from the flat was good

13. Random88

I'll be arriving at the same time. I'll meet up with you at the main train station

14. -Danielle-

I'll meet up with you guys whenever you like :) My check outs 12 but happy to leave my hotel earlier if I've woke and ate at a reasonable time to manage it.

The only thing I won't be doing so hopefully can still be appeased, is the full english/full scottish breakfasts. They aint my thing unless they're like really random and special (like sometimes I'll choose the veggie breakfast and get some black pudding in my life with it) so hopefully any greasy spoon doing em does nice regular shizzle too.

15. Weirdo

Staff Member

The place that does breakfasts does other things. they do a veggie breakfast if you want.

16. -Danielle-

Sweet cheers Seb. I did love the one in Matlock so I could surprise myself :p :)

17. Cell

Cell Ye ragin', aye?

If I remember the breakfast at the Troy Cafe was pretty great.

18. -Danielle-

Should I get my ass back to haymarket tomorrow then? Is that the area everyone will be chilling at prior to check in? Im at waverley tonight :)

19. Cell

Cell Ye ragin', aye?

I would generally assume that would be the case, there's plenty to do around Haymarket and the Filmhouse is under a mile from Dalry Road.

20. Random88

I'll be arriving at Waverley tomorrow around 10-11. Depends on which train I get in the morning. Will tweet when I arrive and may post something in the forum