Easter weekend

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by -Danielle-, Mar 3, 2016.

1. megalomaniac

The mini one eats around 12 as a rule (nursery time table, so that's what he's used to). As a general rule of thumb if a place has high chairs it's ok, if not it's more than likely a no go. Kids (especially the younger ones) are not welcome at all in a surprising amount of places, which you find out pretty quickly when you have one. Even if they are welcome it's a logistical nightmare if they don't have the right facilities, high chairs, changing, etc.

2. Carlito

Carlito Registered

Tell you what, get off at Manchester Piccadilly at 10:37 (if on time), and me and Puru will meet you there. I can park my car at the station.

Also I can't say I would like Lobster. In fact fish is out of the question as far as I am concerned.

3. megalomaniac

Will do :)

4. megalomaniac

5. -Danielle-

-Danielle- Whore dollas all over the place...

That place looks awesome! Ok well I think Jamie's, Byron and Pizza express has high chairs. I have potentially seen one in Wagamama but the kid could of been just sat down to be fair haha.

Hmmmmm is a quick coffee on the cards before food? Can't decide. Trying to think of that hour inbetween arrival and food time.

Guess if we find a decent coffee house we /could/ always eat there. Was tough the last 2 times to find somewhere to house us all. We went to a Vienna coffee shop and a patisserie Valerie I believe.

6. megalomaniac

I do love a good coffee, so I'm relying on your guy's local knowledge here. :) I know the places to go around here, e.g. for coffee with a small group coffee I'd drag you here: http://www.thecoffeehouseofnottingham.co.uk/ (I think Martin reached the point of ecstasy when I took him there) or with a large group here: http://200degs.com/

Wagamamas all have highchairs as far as I know, at least they do in my experience.

7. -Danielle-

We have loads of coffee shops, mainly chain ones, mainly none to fit the numbers this may turn in to outside of the Vienna one (facing a road that leads to Chinatown near Peters Sq tram stop I believe). I bet there's be some cool crap in the Northern Quarter you know, independent mint-ness and the like but I am crap with the NQ, not the foggiest on there.

James don't you dare mention Moose Coffee! They don't take bookings and they're shed rammed outside of off peak hours haha.

8. -Danielle-

Ok Ask Italian on Piccadilly Gardens is huge. That's an option too.

9. megalomaniac

I refer you to my earlier comment about Italian food being my nemesis. ;) - I despise the stuff.

10. Chrono

Chrono Legendary Devil Knight

You should try crazy pedros part time pizza parlour!

11. -Danielle-

Ah bugger #notwithit.

Pedro's is most definitely not kid friendly. Its small as fook but does amazing pizza and cocktails lol.

I may go for their dessert pizza and a strawberry daiquiri after lunch and shizzle with everyone though mwahahaha.

Might have to be Byron, Wagamama, Jamie's (they do steak, chicken, pork, fish, burgers as well as...italian lol), Miller & Carter (if i can find more info) or if we fit in the Vienna shop the way we did first Manc meet, maybe just eating there.

Edit: M&C looks good, they even do private dining with 2 set menus at different price points but its smart casual... And i can imagine people in nerd shirts.... :p so we wont be able to. I'm definitely adding it to my to go list as the food looks luuuuush.

All cept the latter will need a booking since it's bank hol weekend.

#51 -Danielle-, Mar 17, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 17, 2016
  12. megalomaniac

Wagamama looks to the the best bet for the little one to be honest. Wild horses couldn't drag me to Jamie's and the others apart from maybe Byron (looks like they do a "mini" menu, which sounds to me like it's for kids) don't look very kid friendly.

Do Wagamamas Manc do bookings? I always thought you just turned up and had to queue when it's busy.

13. -Danielle-

Yeah you can take group bookings at a mimimum of 6 people so we should hopefully have that more than covered. I love their ramen bowls at half the calories of everything else lol. A 900+ cal donburi bowl or curry, how non ace lol. I get a side and some mochi from behaving with the ramen mwahahahaha.

You want Printworks Waga or the Spinningfields one near my work? The latter is in the nice part of town. The former /may/ be bigger, never been and is in an ok part too if you enter and exit through the nice way lol.

Once I get numbers i'll make a booking at your desired one for 12pm??

14. Weirdo

Weirdo UKA Editor in Chief
    Staff Member

Hate to say it, but what is honestly wrong with the likes of a Spoons, GBK or even going somewhere like The Dockyard in Spinningfields or The Kitchen down there? All Family friendly, relatively inexpensive, and good food / views?

15. megalomaniac

GBK really is not suitable at all for the mini one as he is now, maybe in four or five years. To be honest Spoons is not somewhere I'd make a near two hour train ride to visit. Feel free to head there, but we won't be joining you for that bit.

That said we could go to Wagamama's pretty much anywhere, but I do at least know they do rice and breaded chicken, two of the boy's favourite things.

Sounds interesting, but I can't find a menu for The Dockyard, and can't find The Kitchen at all? Though I notice The Dockyard is a pub and pubs generally are not the most suitable of places to take a 22month old, even if they have the right licences the facilities usually aren't the best. e.g. Trying to change a nappy in a pub toilet can be a deeply unpleasant experience.

#55 megalomaniac, Mar 18, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 18, 2016
  16. Hanners

Hanners Strawberry Sae forever

Fixed that for you. ;)

17. megalomaniac

Well, yes, quite. Now imagine trying to change a baby on the floor in one (because they very rarely have changing tables, and when they do they're often absolutely disgusting or broken)... :shock:

18. megalomaniac

I don't know the city at all (only ever been there twice, and only once in the last decade), so I'm really relying on you guys and your local knowledge.

Where ever we go needs to be fairly easy walking distance (either with a pushchair or carrying a kid on your back, depending which we take) from Piccadilly station as we're meeting Carl there.

19. -Danielle-

Well both Waga locations are a 10-15 minute walk, longer if we have slow walkers.

The Dockyards and Kitchens are next to eachother so same walking duration applies.

Piccadilly Gardens wise is full of sh*tholes bar Byron (it's small that one). There's a Nandos and Zizzi, the last 2 are nice inside but no curb appeal as they're beside/between a Morrisons and a Travel Lodge.

The Dockyards has nice food but is a watering hole I myself have gone to after work etc so depends if it would turn into one at lunch time.

The Kitchens is maybe like 6 places in the space of 2 buildings facing eachother. Tis a good shout as everyone can pick their own personal craving but I don't think any have indoor seating? (Seb I haven't been so you might have to advise on that).

http://thekitchensleftbank.com/home-1 - scroll for the vendors.

There's a couple of food places by Albert Sq too; Albert Sq Chop House, Reds True BBQ (Heaven!!!!) and Tompopo I want to say??

There's a place called Home Sweet Home in the NQ, no booking policy and me no know where it is. All my friends have been and their food sounds lush with huge random cake slices.

I'm a foodie so I'll eat anything and anywhere. I don't mind doing the booking.

I guess if we hit the day before we meet and food places can't be decided on, we can all meet for said coffee/drink, part ways for the foodage then try and meet up again??

#59 -Danielle-, Mar 18, 2016
  20. megalomaniac

That's easy enough.

That looks amazing!. Much as I think I'd love it (Chaat Cart alone would get me there...), I'm not sure there's anything there for the sprog?

Always a safe bet I guess and like Wagamamas they have a kids menu (pretty much a requirement for us these days, really narrows down the places you can go :()... Don't really care about curb appeal, as long as the food and the company are good. :)

#60 megalomaniac, Mar 18, 2016