Last manga you read or bought?

Discussion in 'Mangaphiles' started by Mika., Nov 25, 2009.

1. Tora-kun

Tora-kun Trying to improve

Bought the complete set at Ayacon last year, but have started reading Chobits over the last few days. I'm nearing the end of volume 3 and am enjoying it. I love the artwork especially - when you start looking at it properly it's surprising how loose a lot of the linework is! [/artgeek]

2. Necro

Necro Grim User

CLAMP are by far my favorate group, their artwork is amazing. They even did the Character art for Code geass, which I was chuffed with.

3. Kildebaek

Kildebaek Registered

Just read Gantz 9. God, I have waited for this manga a long time. It was pretty exciting, so I'm looking forward to 10 (and all the others).

4. Tora-kun

CLAMP is great stuff. They're certainly popular for a reason! ^_^ Really need to get back into Tsubasa one day - I've only read their older stuff! (RG Veda and Tokyo Babylon were great imo)

Just hit volume 5 of Chobits, so am on the second half of the series now...

5. Acteon

Acteon Behind you...

6. etherealcheese

etherealcheese Jukujos for the win

Currently getting through Rurouni Kenshin and up to to vol 5, also starting Metro Survive which I found in a bargain bin for 1, quite good as disaster mangas go.

7. macloud

macloud 5qw34k!!

moyashimon [ entertaining but word heavy - but at least you'll learn about bacteria] and kurosagi delivery service vol2 [ self conteined story arch - and proof that death is no barrier for revenge....]

reviews in due time

8. Tora-kun

Monster Men Bureiko Lullaby

Originally printed in Garo, which published predominantly underground-type manga. It's completey wrong and I'm frankly surprised anyone considered translating it, let alone publish it in the west. The humour's extremely dark, with artwork's as ugly as the content. One of the more 'interesting' titles out there, lol.

I could describe in more detail, but I'd probably get ostracised/banned. A few of the safer pages are previewed on the amazon page if more unusual manga takes your fancy:
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/Takashi-Nem...=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1273339281&sr=8-1

9. Necro

Necro Grim User

What the hell type of stuff do you read?
    My opinion of you has changed. ;)

10. Tora-kun

Lol, I'll read pretty much any manga I can get my hands on. I wanna see the full range! XD

11. happosai

happosai =(^;^)=

To side with Tora-kun, if I actually bothered reading manga these days, I'd certainly be checking out stuff from Garo...!

[Happosai]

12. Necro

Necro Grim User

I recently finished volume 3 of Hayate no Gotoku; it finished off pretty much exactally where I am in the Anime. Will need to get the rest now :/

Started Sumomomo Momomo, and it is very good! The whole 'sex me now' thing caught me off guard to be honest, but it adds to the funny.

I now need to locate my missing volume 4 of Lucky Star; I lost it during the move D:

13. Necro

Necro Grim User

Started and finished Haruhi Vol.5. It started with Endless Eight, and after watching ALL of the Eight arc episodes, I didnt feel like reading the same thing over and over. But to my surprise, Kyon figured it out on the first and only run through summer. So all was good.
    Now to wait for 6, finish Ichiroh, and find my lost Lucky Star Vol.4...

14. Acteon

Acteon Behind you...

I'm really pleased you like it - kept me laughing for ages : )

I was going to finish off Gunsmith Cats, but we appear to be missing vol. 4 (d'oh!) so I'm tracking that down at the mo.

Have been enjoying some Bleach manga though, very cool stuff.

15. Tora-kun

Is that the original run, omnibus or Burst? Just finished Burst recently. Not as good as the original imo, but if you're a fan it's worth a gander. :)

Read Chibi Vampire 7 last night. Not world-changing, but solid fun. Was able to get a bunch cheap at Expo last week, so am looking forward to working my way through.

16. Acteon

Acteon Behind you...

Burst - we've got the complete set of GSC unflipped volumes (4 of 'em, like bricks) and I've been enjoying Burst so far... As you say, not quite the same spark as the original, but still pretty damn good.

I need to track down more Rosario + Vampire too.

17. Tora-kun

Read Black Blizzard last night by Yoshihiro Tatsumi. I quite like Tatasumi's other stuff, but this is unusual as it's one of his early works from 1956. He drew the whole book in 3 weeks when he was 21! (I cry with envy!) I quite liked it. The artwork's rough and bold, and it goes through the whole story in one shot with no break for chapters, so it's got a different feel to modern manga. If you like a bit of pulp crime drama it might be worth checking out:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Black-Blizz...=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1275730130&sr=8-1

18. Overlord Ramirez

Overlord Ramirez Edajima Heihachi's Pupil

Currently trying to catch up on Pandora Hearts

19. Matt Kamen

Matt Kamen Secret Mod. Shh!

Just picked up the first two volumes of Pluto, the reimagined, slightly darker take on Astro Boy. It's cocking amazing. Buy it.

20. JonLaidlow

JonLaidlow Registered

Can heartily recommend Pluto - it stays amazing right to the end. And may possibly break your heart...