Let's talk about...random things!

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by -Danielle-, Dec 1, 2014.

1. macloud

macloud 5qw34k!!

Is it just me or has it been really quiet around here lately?

2. Cell

Cell Ye ragin', aye?

Last couple of months, I'd say.

3. ic

ic Registered

Doesn't help it keeps going down and reappearing, changing if it needs the www. or not.

Managed to fix the screen tearing! Just needed to add a file into a folder with an option set in it to enable tear free. After a restart, it works perfectly. No screen tearing when scrolling through Web pages, youtube videos and games with v sync on. And Freedom Planet doesn't look terrible now. It's like 95% gone in that, what's left is very minor and only seems to happen on a sprite basis not the whole game screen. Yay!

4. macloud

macloud 5qw34k!!

[head desk]
    STUPID
    [BAM]
    CSM
    [BAM]
    SYSTEM
    [BAM]

5. Cell

Cell Ye ragin', aye?

oh, content storage what fun

6. ic

ic Registered

So installed some more RAM in my PC and when it boots it freezes with a garbled screen. It seems to be at the same point in the boot process where I usually see a very brief bit of static(?) on the screen (seemingly when it goes from text mode to graphical). When I took it out, it works fine. I haven't tried booting with just that stick yet though. Is it possible for two sticks of ram to "dislike" each other? Or even the graphics card not liking a certain stick of ram?

Either way, guess I'll be making a return if it still won't work.

Edit - Oh yeah, it's detected fine in the setup screen. Which adds to my confusion, since you'd think if it was dodgy it wouldn't show up in such a low level area.

#2866 ic, Sep 29, 2018
    Last edited: Sep 29, 2018
  7. J.Akorah

J.Akorah Member

Went back to Life Drawing this week for the first time since March. I haven't drawn anything since then either so I knew I was going to be very rusty. Thankfully my sketches weren't embarrassingly bad. Hopefully I'll get back into the swing of things in a couple more sessions.

Honestly ic, I admire your patience when it comes to building/upgrading PCs. I'm a programmer guy myself but I stay faaaaar away from low level and hardware-related stuff as it's way too pernickety. If I had your problem that faulty RAM (or even the whole PC for that matter) would have been flung from my bedroom window in a fit of rage long, long ago. Anyway, I hope you got it fixed!

8. Cell

Cell Ye ragin', aye?

Gallbladder removal is not a fun thing.

9. ic

ic Registered

Ended up putting the new stick in the first slot (slot 0 according to the set up) and now it's fine. Weird huh?

So now I've got a whopping (and frankly overkill for what I use it for) 16Gb of ram. Once I find a good video editor for Linux I'm going to try and do some of that, though it's just going to be videos of my rats lol

10. Weirdo

Weirdo UKA Editor in Chief
    Staff Member

Doesn't help that the DB crashed, and we had to move it to a temporary server, or two. Yeah... its not been fun

11. -Danielle-

-Danielle- Whore dollas all over the place...

I'm on here and AUKN when I can.

Life's been a mix of numb and then just sadness when I aint been numb. Ex and ex friends won't leave me alone. Still. 8 months since the breakup...

Karma's finally slightly hit that tw*t and he's now a bit infamous on FB and had to disable his main account atm since he online bullied a vet who's been disabled since he served for us. Such Prince. Former friends making excuses for it all "oh that's just Bradly". As if that makes it ok! Delusional sheep pr*cks.

Anyway, fighting potential lurgy. Canny wait for SLA. Canny wait for UKAS discussion.

Love you all, hope you're all doing ok :)

12. Cell

Cell Ye ragin', aye?

I'm now signed off until the Tuesday after SLA. Oh well, guess I'll just doss around the flat recovering from the next week and a bit.

13. macloud

macloud 5qw34k!!

No youtube make Macloud somthin somthin...

14. -Danielle-

Hows ya health Cell? Will you be right as rain for SLA and that?

I'm off to Edinburgh tomorrow! Wahoooo! J Akorah has let me know my hotels right in front of the Old Observatory making a sight to see, very easy! Wahoo. Hopefully I can navigate my way ok or ask a nice random Scot to help me find things lol. I don't have my google maps switched on so it becomes a sat nav and tells me where to walk. Maybe I should figure out how to turn that on lol.

15. Cell

Cell Ye ragin', aye?

I'm still hoping so. I missed one event I had tickets for and booked flights down to two weeks back, it's just keeping my feet safe from being stamped on is the worry in a packed cinema. My stomach/gallbladder issues are basically resolved other than some pain when I move from the incisions.

16. -Danielle-

Changed my avatar to another anime female I can now relate to.

Yasssssss <3

17. Cell

Cell Ye ragin', aye?

Confirmed that I'm going to a wedding in Jamaica in 2020. Only £1400 more to pay after the deposit was taken.

18. Tweek

Tweek Registered

I'll miss Tomoko :p

19. ic

ic Registered

Just priced up some mor PC upgrades in advance of Black Friday… though is it upgrading when you switch to a new motherboard, CPU and memory? Or is it brain surgery… (I'm going for the little processor that could, the AMD Athlon 200GE, which is only £50, it's the motherboard and memory which bump up prices to "let's wait and see" levels for me)

20. -Danielle-

She may one day return Tweek. Had Tomoko for a very long time. Was Re-L from Ergo Proxy before her.

After seeing Miss Modern at SLA it was agreed that I was very much like Benio lol.