Let's talk about...random things!

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by -Danielle-, Dec 1, 2014.

1. Cell

Cell Ye ragin', aye?

Happy new year folks.

Started the first weekend of the year with a 12 mile bike ride, wasn't as tiring as I thought it might be.

2. Chrono

Chrono Legendary Devil Knight

Hi, all happy new year! How is everyone doing?

So a bit of a random one, I've been doing a post christmas clear out and planning on sending loads of stuff to charity/cex/sell to others. I've got a region 1 version of Evangelion platinum collection in the tin. Can't see it anywhere on eBay to sell, so I can't get a proper price for it. Amazon are listing it for about £1700!?! Must be a typo!

Any thoughts? Ta!

3. Shadow Cat

Shadow Cat HelloKittyIsMyWaifu

Lol £1700 for Evangelion no one would ever pay that... I shouldn't say that, should I?

Honestly I have no idea what its worth. Anything too cheap and its going to get picked up by a reseller

Anything too expensive and you're going to look like an idiot trying to sell an Anime for £1700 lol

4. Necro

Necro Grim User

Well I've been MIA. A mix of many things, but mostly laziness and forgetfulness. Doesn't help you chumps aren't on the discord, it's really only me, Cell and a few non-forum peeps.

I've been trying to get back into regularly watching anime, enjoyed a few things recently (nothing too new) which is a nice start. Job situation is still uncertain, with potential redundancy looming after march. I'm about to move to a new flat, which I'm looking forward to even if its a bit smaller.

How're things with everyone.

5. -Danielle-

-Danielle- Whore dollas all over the place...

Oh jeez you aint faring well on the job front are you :(

I'm MIA on here myself. Having most people on FB and this being a quiet place, just natural progression.

Where's your new flat?

6. Necro

Necro Grim User

Yeah aint great. Guess i'll be looking for a new one pretty soon.

Like 3 minutes from my current flat :p Has a gym on site and the smallest balcony known to man so its not all bad.

7. Chrono

Chrono Legendary Devil Knight

How are people doing for resolutions? I'm trying to be more minimal, which means clearing a load of stuff out. Never knew I had so many DVDs and blu rays!

8. Cell

Cell Ye ragin', aye?

I didn't really set any ones in stone, seems the some stoneclad they are, the quicker you break them.

As a whole, I'm just trying to be healthier, lose weight and drink less.

9. Weirdo

Weirdo UKA Editor in Chief
    Staff Member

Resolutions... errr...

Well, i have managed to stick with gym / swimming and doing a class once a week. It help that Becky is there to assist with the motivation.

Trying to eat healthier. Had a good go this week and DIDNT eat a whole cheesecake. Figured that was a good start :)

10. -Danielle-

I dont know where your last one was! lol. How far away from me are you? :p

House warming? lol.

Oh I think some of my Southern lot are possibly doing Manc MCM so i'll be hosting predrinks if your booty ends up free then :)

I'm after some minimalism too Chrono, just my bedrooms left to embrace that with. I own too many clothes. Winter clothes, summer clothes, holiday clothes, work clothes, night out clothes, black milk. Oh my lawd. Clearing some of that outs gonna be a mare haha.

Been doing insanity again but skipping this week and starting Sat again.
    Damp Jan is going well. Not Dry Jan as I drank on weekend just gone as I was away and I'm drinking month end as it's always the worst day of every month at work.

11. Necro

Necro Grim User

I only live like 20/25 mins from yours. I think. New flat is next to one of the newer met stops.

My plans for the year are be more proactive and less wasting of my time. Attempting to get up earlier and do shit in the morning too. I'm not content in my current state and things need to change.

As for the now, kill me and please end my suffering.
    I have an infected wisdom tooth and my life is agony. Since Saturday, constant pain, waking up in the night in pure hell. I've never experienced anything as bad as this. I have antibiotics and so far, nothing (has only been a day though). I'm barely eating because I can't but i can barely feel hunger pain over the torture in my jaw.

send help

12. ic

ic Registered

I broke one of my wisdom teeth the other week. Surprised that there was no blood and aside from a sore gum for a day or so no pain. Just have to remember to stop poking at it with my tongue, lol.

I don't really do resolutions (aside from 1080p, haha) but I do need to clean up my pig sty, I mean bedroom. Sort out my clothes, replace my desk and actually put a computer on it instead of clothes and just generally have a deep clean. And maybe get some thing to display some more of my figures/figurines on, especially since I just got a very sexy one of Misato Katsuragi from Evangelion the other day and really want to have it on show…

I finally got a mechanical keyboard, and I'm in love with it. Feels so nice to type on!

13. Weirdo

Weirdo UKA Editor in Chief
    Staff Member

Shaun, get to the hospital. Possible you might have an absess in the tooth which literally can eat away the bone in your jaw. Fuck the doctor. A+E mate. Get it pulled ASAP (Had this happen to me, JFC most painful thing i have ever experienced).

14. Necro

Necro Grim User

The antibiotics have kicked in and the pain has mostly subsided. Still hurts mind but I guess compared to yesterday its nothing
    I plan on getting it removed, just a case of when. Need to get back to then dentist, he said I should have an x ray

15. -Danielle-

oooh you not far from me at all then!

sorry to hear about the pain as well as present stance on life.

hopefully you'll sort out work again which gives you steady cash flow to start being able to live your life and stuff.

with you being so close, carpool to UKAS looks probable hehe. get ghostemane and all of the Lil's on our playlist mwahahaha.

in my world, ive had almost a week of my migraines that till now, i'd only get during lady time when I'd get it cept no layd time right now so no clue why i have it. so now im worried i'm gonna get these on a regular basis regardless now. i get prescribed pain meds for cluster migraines as they're that bad so if im living on these way more often it's gonna KO me :(

16. Necro

Necro Grim User

Yeah im hoping the change with the flat and shit will pave the way for change in other ways. Job wise I hope I can find something more rewarding.

Carpool is certain if you want it. No longer in the murder car so it'll be smooth riding ;) My working playlist is here if you want a peep at the awful. Its my main driving one so I have some other stuff to add.

Sounds shit. I think I've only had one or two headaches that could be considered a migraine, I tend to swerve things like that quite well. Just drug up, people do it anyway lmao

17. ic

ic Registered

I think I need to add get in to shape to my do list for this year. I met a lady the other evening (Thursday) and well, you know… and my legs are still sore. Out of shape, urgh… (on the plus side she said my tongue is amazing #humblebrag #ladies)

I get migraines every so often, not strong ones, but they fuck up my vision somewhat for a few hours afterwards. I probably should take the fact I seem to be getting them more regularly as a sign to visit the opticians, since they seem to go away when I get my glasses sorted out prescription wise .

#2917 ic, Jan 19, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 19, 2019
  18. macloud

macloud 5qw34k!!

The way things are going this'll be the thrid anime season in a row where i havent watched any new series.

19. Cell

Cell Ye ragin', aye?

I'm back on a film watching binge rather than anime, once again. Hell or High Water right now which is really pretty decent.

20. Tweek

Tweek Registered

Hell or High Water is a good film; a bloke in the pub lent me his copy a couple of months back.