Let's talk about...random things!

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by -Danielle-, Dec 1, 2014.

1. Chrono

Chrono Legendary Devil Knight

I realised I've not seen a lot of what would be considered classic films, so this year I aim to watch stuff like the godfather and silence of the lambs. Any others to add to the list?

2. ic

ic Registered

The Elephant Man. Bring tissues, you may be blubbing by the end.

3. Necro

Necro Grim User

Im by no means a film guy, but would depend on what you enjoy really.

Super mundane question time - opinions on where to buy a fridge freezer? My new flat wont have one and I have no idea what im doing do would appreciate some tips. also, no idea of the going rate for one lmao.

4. Cell

Cell Ye ragin', aye?

Depends what genres you want to delve into- there's a hell of a lot of stuff I could recommend but I watch with a very shotgunesque approach.

Honestly, try the British Heart Foundation furniture store, you'll get refurbed ones in there on the cheap.

5. -Danielle-

-Danielle- Whore dollas all over the place...

Shaun, what kinda job are you wanting you think? Office? Stores?
    I'd look at Argos. Some let you pay monthly. I need a new one as my Fridge is now a freezer as it's that busted and my Freezers becoming way too cold. I'm downgrading to a 3 drawer freezer once I've cleared enough food I think, that's £199.

IC, how come your legs? lol. Stood up a lot or what? :p
    Are you two still talking and stuff? :)
    Defo get your eyes tested/migraines checked out.

I still have mine atm, still not the level as the week when it's then rag but it's still resonating. Trying to sleep more and remove stress and see if that removes em otherwise back to the docs I go. I'd hate if I have to live with these and be on painkillers most of the time. The only plus that'd happen is I could then get an eye test to show my vision doesn't cause them then ask this company to get signed off to be able to work from home when needed otherwise its time off whenever I get these.

Works really boring and has been all month. Having nothing to do is making it really hard to be here right now. I'd love to escape for a bit, go places and that.

6. sun_chan

sun_chan New Member

I've had an opportunity to talk to a real artist. I was so inspired, that started to draw a series of cat's faces. Hope I will be able to make a collection of stickers.
    Well, I have no graphics tablet and paint using mouse in Paint, so wish me good luck, please.

7. -Danielle-

good luck :)
    you should share some of your art with us if you ever feel like.

8. sun_chan

sun_chan New Member

Thanks! This is the first one, it still needs correction.
    Untitled.png

-Danielle- likes this.
  9. Necro

Necro Grim User

I like it. I can't draw for shit though so anything better than terrible impresses me aha.

Never retail again and no more call centres pls. Preferably not customer facing really.Office is fine, but the type of work needs to be involving. I want something to work towards, goal orientated I guess. It's all well and good everyday being able to shrug off work and forget about it until I wake up but I need something long term that I can say "hey, I did X towards Y" and see something for my work. Thats more fulfilling to me.

Also, RIP UKA Mug.
    [​IMG]

need a new one now.

10. ic

ic Registered

Lol good lord hell no, could never do that. Legs seemed to have finally stopped aching today, so that's good .

It was more of a hook up, but who knows?

11. sun_chan

sun_chan New Member

Oh my, it looks like PAIN itself. I can't look at broken cups. I have my own small collection of cups, some of them are with anime and cartoon characters. I cry every time one mug is broken. Can't help that - I love cups.
    Send us a picture of the new one, please.

12. Chrono

Where about are you at the minute necro? I know what you mean about finding something worthwhile. It can be tough finding something ideal that ticks a load of boxes.

We will all hold a vigil for lost mug. Or maybe it's a subconscious step towards minimalism!

13. -Danielle-

ic, usually legs go to jelly after so was wondering ;) :p lmao.
    you could always agree to be frequent hook ups for all you know lol. i've never been able to do that, i can't juggle and give attention to multiple at once. definitely partly victorian me :p bahahaha.

shaun, finance is easy to get into, it's all brown nosing though. i'm in cyber security now and it's the same and in ways, worse. i'm not content, if i won enough £ on the lotto to finish off my mortgage, i'd ask to work here part time and then, i'd be content.
    ah damn, work has it blocked so i cant see your photo :(

14. Chrono

I am not looking forward to getting a mortgage! Me and the missus are constantly looking at houses, but it's all too bloody expensive! We keep joking we should just buy a house canal boat!

15. Cell

Cell Ye ragin', aye?

I can't ever imagine being in the position to get a mortgage.

16. Necro

Necro Grim User

well my situation just keeps improving.

Email circulated advising that we are infact not safe. Starting from 22nd February, redundancies are being made for a 2 month period. Dunno who's going yet but I'd bank on me. Business isn't sustainable, and they're winding down operations because new claims are hard to generate.

time to get a new job ayo

17. Chrono

That sucks. Call centre work? Hopefully something will come up!

18. ic

ic Registered

Lol mine do, but not normally for 3 or 4 days, lol.

Id like it to be something like that actually, just have to see how it plays out

19. -Danielle-

Thats rubbish Shaun :(
    Start looking about, get on LinkedIn too. There's supermarket jobs dotted about atm too.

Well ic, you massive hoe :p :) I guess just ask her eh? Are you after serious or just after simple right now?

20. Chrono

This is all getting steamy for a Wednesday afternoon!