Let's talk about...random things!

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by -Danielle-, Dec 1, 2014.

1. Shadow Cat

Shadow Cat HelloKittyIsMyWaifu

So. Company requirement to do stock check. I'm ok with that.

What I'm not happy about is making a mistake and booking train tickets on the day of stock check. To be told tough luck I should have checked the dates. (Edit: to be told no one is aloud holiday during stock check)

To then another member of staff books a holiday, on the day of the stock check. After I got told tough luck. And gets permission to have the holiday.

Wow

#81 Shadow Cat, Mar 6, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 6, 2015
  2. Weirdo

Weirdo UKA Editor in Chief
    Staff Member

Just take the day anyways?

3. Necro

Necro Grim User

Yeah **** 'em! :p

4. Weirdo

Staff Member

If they do disciplinary action, then claim discrimination. Clearly the rule for him does not apply to others in the same pay grade.

5. -Danielle-

-Danielle- Whore dollas all over the place...

Another girl is going? Will this be the first time or do you always at least get one girl in there to shake things up? hehe.

Oooooh Weirdo has mentioned a possible November one? Sounds good!

Where are you guys staying for it? Like Necro, you live in Manchester like me, is it going to be a lot of effort for you to get there? I have a feeling my money may last minute go on London MCM in May too.

Insanity is kicking my bum more atm. Wonder if it's because I'm getting fitter so doing harder intensity hence killing me still? I duno. The pain!

Some girl on Instagram who started on my weight says she saw results after 30 days so I'll see! Dumbells arrived today so need to try and fit in some weight training inbetween the Insanity every day.

#85 -Danielle-, Mar 7, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 7, 2015
  6. Necro

Necro Grim User

I've been for the last 2 years and I haven't seen a girl yet. No idea about prior years :p And yeah I'd probably be up for another later in the year.

It's in Derbyshire, near Matlock. I'm actually leaving from Hull. I drove from Manchester last year and it was a fun drive, lovely scenery :) But if you're going for trains it may be different, as looking at them it requires a few changes. Ask Carlito on here if he has any idea, he's from Manchester too :p

I wouldn't take anything from others experiences, gets hopes up too high. It'll do you good regardless though!

7. -Danielle-

Ouch yeah that's far and would probably be difficult to get to. Waah :(

Happy Monday everyone!

Hows your day going?

It's sad to admit but tonight, I'm going to watch Fifty Shades Of Grey at the cinema with two friends (cough acquaintances). I'm looking forward to it because I see it more like a romantic drama (which is what people have been complaining it is haha). We're going to Harvester beforehand. I've never ate there before.

I have to try and fit in my Insanity beforehand leaving me with about 70 mins to do a 40 min workout followed by a shower, dress and makeup! Eeeeeek lol.

8. Shadow Cat

I've heard (almost) only negative things about that film.

Some positives were the cinematography and lead actress being good. The rest is...,

-----

Happy.... Monday?
    No

9. Necro

Necro Grim User

I'm sure people slate it just because it's 50 Shades of Grey. It's popular to make fun of but I doubt it's that bad at all.

Me and my housemates are doing the "Three Thing Game" competition at uni again, as it'll be the last one we do. Essentially we have 3 words/things that we get from auction with fake money and have to make a game using them as themes. The Auction was today, and we got the words "BiPolarBear", "Crippling Debt" and "Gore". We have such a brilliant idea for a game.

10. Hanners

Hanners Strawberry Sae forever

Well, the source material is a horrifically badly written pile of tripe, so there is that...

11. Shadow Cat

Normally I would think that aswell. But but we're talking bad reviews across the board not just a few people hating the film.

My main issue is.... (So long as the reviews are accurate) the way the film doesn't go into the safer side of BDSM

For example a safe word and trust building is almost non-existant in the film, when you consider this film could get people into BDSM, thats something VERY important you wouldn't want to miss.

12. Martin

Martin guitaku
    Staff Member

I'm ignoring the books as forgettable trash that's no better or worse than the Mills & Boon stuff that's been popular for decades. The film isn't something I'm interested in watching either.

Because I'm not into the sort of stuff that the books or films depict I'm not going to pass my own judgement on it, but I have read articles written by people who are actually part of the BDSM community...and those people say that it's an inaccurate portrayal.

If people want to watch a trashy film or read a trashy book, that's fine. Millions watch TV soaps and read gossip mags, after all. It's the "making abusive relationships look acceptable and cool" part that I have a problem with.

If you want to watch a BAD film, Sharknado 2 is on Netflix now!

13. Weirdo

Staff Member

Grumble.

So my Asobi-ni-iku-yo Neko Nabe, shipped 23rd January, arrived in the UK, 25th January, has just arrived back in Japan as Parcelfarce don't know how to send bloody parcels to the falklands :p

Very annoyed.

Waiting to see how long it takes for AmiAmi to respond and sort it. My last line of defence is to demand a full refund through my CC company, including shipping.

Paid 30 on shipping, you'd think it would be sufficient to get here!!!

*grumbles more*

14. -Danielle-

They have a brief referral to the safe words. She states she knows it's yellow and red and they revise the contract.

Truthfully, I actually enjoyed the film. It was more like a romantic drama with some really good comedy parts by Dakota. She made Ana really likeable. Shame how in the books I was sick of Ana in 2 and 3. The author just ran out of material with those 2 for sure.

It wasn't anywhere near as explicit as the books but I think that's what made it likeable to be honest. Even Jamie as Christian was good. He doesn't play the seedy side of Grey very well though...the guy who enjoys giving punishment. That's not necessarily a bad thing as he played the messed up rich guy changing his stripes a tad really well. It made me want a Christian Grey for sure...until it got punish-y lol.

I'm so tired today though. Need to go to sleep for 9 when I'm on the 7.30-3.30 shift. Looking forward to going home, doing Insanity then going to Mum for spag bol and last nights TWD :)

15. Necro

Necro Grim User

I haven't watched any of TWD since it stopped, really need to catch up on that.

16. -Danielle-

You really do! The second half of this season has been cooooool so far :)

17. Necro

Necro Grim User

Hope so, the first half was a bit "meh" in my opinion, has no tension and resolved every issue in the episode it was brought up. Felt rushed.

18. Shadow Cat

Quick note about Yo! Sushi Oxford

Don't bother. Lol, simple as that to be honest

------

Ordering - Awesome customer service 10/10

Waiting for take away - Amazingly bad, 40 mins for a take away? Ok 1/10
    (Edit, sorry, for the last 4 times it has been est: 20, 30, 30 and 40 mins, one of the 30 mins day is was busy)

Value for money - Well it used to be a pretty nicely sized portion about a year ago, this is no longer the case. You're talking barely-snack amount of food. I also had to ask for chopsticks.... ASK FOR SOMETHING TO EAT THE FOOD WITH! Lol 3/10

Taste - about a year ago this was a regular place to go, could probaly find some old posts saying it was pretty darn tasty. over the last few months its gone down hill, now its barely finishable with an after taste of cheap quality ingrediants and soap - 1/10

So, plan on going to oxford? want a japanese takeaway? Use google as there bust be a much better take away somewhere in oxford -_-

19. megalomaniac

Same applies to every Yo! I've ever been in. It's not a good chain, no idea how it ever managed to become so big.

20. -Danielle-

Yo! Manchester Arndale is SH*T!

All these big hero 6 bento's and just the new updated general bentos to go, Arndale hasn't had a sniff of them so I've not been able to buy! They also don't have the maki box anymore which was my go to so I haven't bought anything from there for months now.

Apparently Yo! Piccadilly Station is good it's just too far to go to pick up a Yo! To Go. Waaah.

This week is SLOW. I need the weekend to be SLOW too so I can clean the house but also enjoy some chill time. On day 13 of Insanity. I'm still going but tonights will be BRUTAL. It's Pure Cardio AND Cardio Abs...two workouts tonight! Kill me. I can just about finish Pure Cardio! lol.