Premier league

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Chrono, Mar 9, 2016.

1. Chrono

Chrono Legendary Devil Knight

Is anyone following the league? I was wondering what people's predictions are for the final league table? It's a strange, but good one, this year!

2. Hanners

Hanners Strawberry Sae forever

All I can tell you as an Arsenal fan is that we won't win it, having thrown away our best opportunity in a decade by being spectacularly poor almost all season (it tells you how bad the league has been this year that we're third in spite of our best run of form being four consecutive wins).

I still can't shake the feeling that Leicester won't win it even now, although that leaves me with the horrible thought of Spurs winning the title. I wouldn't discount a late surge from Man City taking it either though.

3. Manning

Manning The Lunatic Fringe

I'm not a big football fan, I kinda slipped away in my teens of being interested, but this season is so strange I'm sure more people than ever are interested in the out come. I would indeed call myself a Leicester fan, as I live in Leicestershire so them being at the top is great, still kind of unbelievable, and I'm not yet convinced they'll win.

If Leicester win awesome, if Spurs win, cool, it's something different and what Leicester have done this season surely gives other teams some glimmer of hope and whoever they've employed to work they're voodoo magic will surely be star.

I personally think Man City will take it, but would rather see Arsenal at the top...if not Leicester.

4. Weirdo

Weirdo UKA Editor in Chief
    Staff Member

My colleague is a Leicester fan. I have never seen the man so happy.

5. Chrono

Leicester are impressing a lot. But I can see spurs making a late dash for the title. As a united fan, I have come to accept mid table mediocrity.

6. Kite

Kite Registered

I hope Leicester do hold on and win it, much better winners than Spurs who hopefully will loss several games and drop out of the top 4 back to Europa League where they beyond ;)

7. Dandaman

Dandaman Awesome!

I want to see Leicester lift the trophy, they've been playing like champions.

8. MrLaserSharkKH

MrLaserSharkKH Don't take me home...

At this point it's pretty much Leicester’s Title to Lose, getting results in the last couple of Gameweeks when title rivals have dropped points has been a big boost for them, there's still some way to go yet, some nerves will play a part but looking at the position they were in last season they will be somewhat quite prepared to deal with that, they certainly also have the run-in anyway up to around Gameweek 35, but again this is the Premier League they will slip up at some point in that run. Tottenham look the team closest to challenging but they have showed signs of tiring so it will be interesting to see if they can manage to keep pace, Arsenal form has not been great (plus the injuries) and Man City who have also suffered from poor form will probably be more looking over their shoulders at this point than looking at a top spot, I say there are as many as 4-6 teams potentially looking to pounce.

What do we all think about the other end of the table? We all know Aston Villa's Fate has pretty much already been sealed at this point, but who will join them, it looked quite bunched for a bit but it's becoming more clear it will pretty much be a case of Two Out of Three! My Money is on Sunderland to survive, they have probably the tougher Fixtures but Allardyce has the know how in this kind of scenario to pluck out results. Norwich are just too lightweight defensively for this league and Newcastle look devoid of confidence and ideas, though talk of change on the Newcastle Coaching team could stir things up a bit!

#8 MrLaserSharkKH, Mar 10, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 10, 2016
  9. duoinchains

duoinchains t'other resident yaoi fan

Nah... I follow Leyton Orient (someone has to...) down in the nether regions of one of the lower leagues, where the real footie is played.

Actually, we're doing reasonably well, #8 in League 2, just waiting for the usual end-of-season collapse...

Muddy pitches, jumpers for goalposts, isn't it hmmm? :p

10. Chrono

Just you wait, your team will get bought out and your players will be doing terrible commercials. Just search man United wine commercial and Blackburn venkys. Truly masterful work!

11. Chrono

As for relegation, villa, Sunderland and Newcastle. Though Norwich are perilously close. They just need a boost from Delia, the 12th man.

12. Cell

Cell Ye ragin', aye?

Said Leicester could do it back in November and I'm sticking to it. As a West Ham fan it's been a belter of a season so far. Champion's League is close if we can get the rub of the green in the run in.

13. MrChom

MrChom Registered

As a lapsed Villa fan I'm now looking for other sports to follow...

14. Cell

Cell Ye ragin', aye?

Villa could do with going down, cutting aside the deadwood and rebuilding. It's worked for other team so it might do the job for Villa as the last few seasons have been painful for them.