SLA line-up

Discussion in 'Scotland Loves Anime 2018' started by latro, Sep 2, 2018.

1. latro

latro Anime Editor
    Staff Member

So the Glasgow line-up is out and the Edinburgh one isn't going to be too dissimilar this year I suspect. What are people thinking?

For me it's not the best or the worst line-up (and it is bolstered by Serenity being on on the Friday).

Assuming all the Glasgow line-up comes up the only one I'd definitely miss would be Better the beginning.

I could however easily be talked out of seeing my hero academia and/or heavens feel if other people want to give them a miss especially for food!

2. Cell

Cell Ye ragin', aye?

If they show the Rory McFarlane audio version of Cyber City Oedo I may just completely flip my shit.

3. J.Akorah

J.Akorah Member

This is my third year going to SLA (having gone in '16 and '17). I don't think this year is particularly bad but it looks like it will be the weakest of the three assuming that there are no surprises. To be fair, those previous two years are pretty tough competition.

I think the main issue for me is that there's no film in particular that I really, really want to see. While I'm looking forward to Mirai and I want to Eat Your Pancreas it's certainly not at the same level of excitement as I had for The Night is Short or A Silent Voice.

4. -Danielle-

-Danielle- Whore dollas all over the place...

All over My Hero and Mirai.

Shit, will I need to catch up on Season 3 to understand what the MHA films about?

I'm gonna stop drop and roll my cash on em all pretty much. Unless similar to Dan, you all mention a sexy sexy place for food.

GIVE ME BALLED AND FRIED HAGGIS NOOOOOOOOOOOOOW. Eugh, so good.

5. Weirdo

Weirdo UKA Editor in Chief
    Staff Member

FYI, Likely ticket release this Friday.

6. Weirdo

Staff Member

Also, can someone post the potential line up?

7. J.Akorah

J.Akorah Member

The My Hero film actually take place in between Season 2 and 3 so you're probably in the perfect position to watch it! The S3 episode that aired last week was supposed to act as a prologue/background for the film but it felt pretty unnecessary and can probably be skipped.

8. Martin

Martin guitaku
    Staff Member

Heaven's Feel #1 and Penguin Highway are on my list for sure, and "I Want to Eat Your Pancreas" has, aside from a ridiculous title, an interesting premise. If something's a sequel or part of a franchise that I'm not already familiar with though - My Hero Academia for instance - I'll take the opportunity to grab a burger and a beer nearby instead.

Unless I have a specific reason not to watch something, I'll probably buy a ticket and go along anyway, just in case it pleasantly surprises me. Going on previous years' experience, there'll be at least one movie that has most of us saying, "I had no idea that would be as good as this..."

Another vote for Serenity btw. Assuming we arrive in time, I'm certainly up for seeing that old fave on the big screen. :)

9. Weirdo

Staff Member

I am still waiting for Eureka Seven Pt 2...

Shadow Cat likes this.
  10. latro

latro Anime Editor
    Staff Member

I'd certainly hope we'll be there on time given that it's on at 10pm!

Should be another 3-4 additions for the weekend by my reckoning one of which is likely to be a classic big film based on previous years and another is pretty likely to be something live action. Would have said bleach but that'll have already hit netflix by then

11. -Danielle-

Oh Serenity is 10pm the Friday? I'll potentially come then :)

The only films I won't book is like a part 2 etc of something in which case I'll either sight see or just grab the apartment key off someone. Otherwise I'll book everything and just attend what I can.

12. latro

latro Anime Editor
    Staff Member

The Edinburgh lineup is now available folks!

I've bought for everything bar the turd that is Blame (if you haven't seen it it's on Netflix so you can save a tenner that way!). I bought for serenity instead. Plus blame is on at a perfect time to go and eat!

A few other possibilities for things to skip but I'll see how it goes. Of note Jin roh is the final film and is very skippable if people wanna eat, drink and make merry!

13. J.Akorah

J.Akorah Member

I bought everything on Saturday as well as Pancreas for the Friday-- Saturday looks like it's going to be a lot of fun!
    I'm a little unconvinced by everything else on during the rest of the weekend (I have no words for that zombie film) but I'll see what happens.

The Girl Who Leapt through Time is one of my favourites films so I might head through on Monday for it too.

14. -Danielle-

Friday:
    Zombie
    Pancreas

Saturday:
    Penguin
    Mirai
    My Hero

Sunday:
    Fate/stay
    Miss Modern

I intend to enjoy the apartment, sight see and eat for the pm ones I dont want to see. Plus my train home Monday is 10.17am so dont want a late one Sunday.

£49.50 for em ell. Chuffed to bits.

Saturday will kill me, 3 with no breaks lmao.

I have a kiosk number and a transaction number. Which is best to use and that to get all my tickets? Will I get given them all on Friday before Zombie please?

15. latro

latro Anime Editor
    Staff Member

You can pick em all up before the first film you see from the Box office unless things have changed.

16. Random88

Random88 The Videogame Guy

I have chosen the exact same set of films and missed out the same.
    Need some time for food/flat chilling.
    :)

17. -Danielle-

You and I are in harmony my friend hehe. That and we’ll be pissed by the time everyone’s home :p

I forgot like a tool that Manchesters showing Mirai like Nov 4th and 6th so I may bail on Mirai, give myself a gap on Sat to eat and leg stretch as my friend wants to see it. I’ll see though as could see dub and sub.

18. latro

latro Anime Editor
    Staff Member

Interesting that ive seen someone from al tweet that they think this is one of the strongest sla lineups ever because the more i think about it the less excited i am. I have tickets for most stuff but kinda feel like i wouldnt mind missing any of them appart from penguin highway and i want to eat your pancreas.

I dont regret buying the tickets because it gives me more options but....dunno. also of note that less people i know are doing the full run than normal too.

Im fully expecting not to use at least 3-4 of my tickets at this point.

19. Shadow Cat

Shadow Cat HelloKittyIsMyWaifu

Friday:
    Blame (Maybe)
    Pancreas

Saturday:
    Penguin
    Mirai
    Cyber City

Sunday
    Jin Roh

As I'm doing somewhat different shows this year, @Weirdo can you have a look at getting a third key for our appartment. I'd be more than willing to pay extra