Switch me!

Discussion in 'Games Thread' started by latro, Mar 3, 2017.

1. latro

latro Anime Editor
    Staff Member

If anyone wants to friend me on switch my incredibly long friend code is : SW-2476-8690-3996

2. seppuku95

seppuku95 Registered

The day Nintendo gets actual Usernames and a proper online comparable to the other consoles, will be a nice day.

I don't have a Switch however, and I barely played the Wii U after buying (after giving up on Zombii U after I died from falling off a small ledge). Are there any games other than Zelda that are highly rated? I shall try refrain from buying a Switch until I at least finish a decent number of Wii U games.

3. Hanners

Hanners Strawberry Sae forever

You absolutely have to play Tokyo Mirage Sessions, it's easily the best game on the system.

Splatoon is also a lot of fun if that's your kind of thing.

4. seppuku95

seppuku95 Registered

Does it play like SMT? I've played a few games similar in style (none directly SMT, though I guess Persona 4 counts). It's just I have a tendancy to buy too many games and not play them at the pace I did when I was younger. On the Wii itself, my favourite games were No More Heroes 1/2 and Madworld, just for those alone I liked the console as much as the 360 and PS3.

I suppose it'll be pretty cheap now the Wii U is an old console, so maybe one day I'll pick it up. For now I'm playing Witcher 3, then will replug my ps4 in again and maybe try get into guilty gear.

5. Hanners

Hanners Strawberry Sae forever

Yep, it's absolutely in the mould of those games.

6. DiGiKerot

DiGiKerot Registered

Tokyo Mirage Sessions is more a streamlined Persona than it necessarily is a more main-line SMT game. The general gameplay is fairly inline with Persona 3/4, although with better dungeons than those games, but the overall game flow is simplified in ways which make sense for the setting. There's no calendar or micro-management of weird character stats that tie into social link progression and the like.

That's less a negative that it possibly sounds, for what it's worth - might just be my age or how little gaming time I tend to find these days, but I appreciated the reduction in what sometimes left like meaningless busywork in Persona.

As for other WiiU stuff worth playing, Bayonetta maybe? Particularly if you didn't play the first game on another platform and can grab the 1/2 double-pack somewhere.

7. Elliotpage

Elliotpage Lazy Podcast Lord

I have to agree with this: one thing I am getting less tolerant of with age is missing out on chunks of interesting emotional content because I didnt follow a 100% guide or did some bananas requirements. Now I mostly shrug and go "well, guess I'll youtube that" if at all.

#FE is great as it gives you a wonderful set of lovely characters, your own little family of charming idiots who you can dress up in silly aprons and then save the world.

8. Acteon

Acteon Behind you...

I'll dig out my Switch code, I have to admit I don't play socially online (despite having all the gear to do so) but should probably start.

9. Thornburg

Thornburg New Member

What are you guys playing on your Switches? I haven't touched it since I finished Zelda. Anything worthwhile coming out?

10. latro

latro Anime Editor
    Staff Member

Mostly just waiting for Mario Oddessy. Did play Rabbid Kingdom for a while but it has the same difficulty curve issues that Zelda had so I got a bit fed up with it. Have picked up Mario Kart though which is always a nice little game to just sit and play. I confess I don't understand why everything is unlocked from the start though?

11. dapprman

dapprman Registered

Restarting this zombie thread as I've just treated myself to a Switch to keep me busy while in hospital (another back operation). I've got Pokemon Lets Go (being a Pokemon Go player ...) and Fifa 2019 (as it was half price in the Amazon Premium Days recently.