UKAStock 2016: The Plan

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by megalomaniac, Mar 30, 2016.

1. megalomaniac

What is UKAStock?
    Now somewhat of a UKA tradition, a bunch of us get together for a long weekend to drink (mainly tea, obviously), eat, watch anime (well, we try...), play games (board and video) and generally have lots of nerdy fun.

The Venue
    We're staying at Thornbridge Manor between Friday 22nd April 2016 and Monday 25th April 2016.

The Cost
    The cost for staying there comes to 138.13 each assuming a full occupation of 24 (of which 20.83 is the refundable security deposit - which we'll get back as long as we don't break anything).

Spaces
    We currently have one vacancy in the house, anyone who's interested drop me a pm.

Arrival
    The bulk of us will meet on Friday 22nd April 2016 in Matlock by the train station and then head for lunch sometime between 12:00 and 13:00. We will need a few car drivers to come along to pick people up arriving by train into Matlock. After lunch we will head to the venue via the magic beer shop (otherwise known as Armitts on Smedley Street East). Magic is not guaranteed but a decent selection of beer (and a slightly lesser, but still interesting, selection of wine and cider) is...

Obviously, that won't be possible for everyone. We can't get into the place until 15:00 and nobody can get in without me as I'll be the guy with the keys. So if everyone else makes their own way to the venue aiming for 17:00ish (just to be safe incase the rest of us are delayed for some reason). Then we will head into Bakewell around 18:00 for some food and any stragglers can meet us there.

Departure
    We have to be out of the house by 10:00 on Monday 25th April 2016. The place will also need a good clean and tidy before we leave, so factor that into your alarm settings.

Food and drink
    We have a communal shopping list up on Google Docs. If you spot anything essential that is missing from the list give me a shout (dapprman's kindly providing the rice, so we know that is missing :D), for anything else feel free to bring your own. The list will provide us all with the following main meals, plus soft drinks and snacks:

Breakfast
    Bacon butties and pastries.

Lunch
    Sandwiches (Ham and/or cheese), tomatoes and salad.

Evening Meals
    • Friday: We are heading into Bakewell for our evening meal (as mentioned above, so we can pick up any late arrivals in Bakewell). There's something for everyone there (Indian, Chinese, Chippy, Italian etc.).
    • Saturday: James is kindly cooking us all chicken katsu curry.
    • Sunday: We are having beef burgers (or Spicy Chilli Bean Burgers for the none beef eaters) and chips.

If you want booze bring your own (I'm still deciding between beer, wine, and gin myself...), those meeting in Matlock will get chance to head to the magic beer shop or there's a Sainsburys by the train station.

Beds
    Sleeping arrangements have been mapped out to make sure everyone has got a bed and is suitably accommodated. Matt Kamen has since had to drop out, so his name on the map represents the vacant space mentioned above.

Activities
    A few folks are planning some activities during the weekend:
    Contact the relevant people if you are interested in tagging along, but by no means feel obliged to take part in anything.

Bring and Buy
    People have things they want to sell, other people want to buy those things. Hence the birth of the UKAStock bring and buy thread.

Who's Bringing What
    It helps to have a list of what people are bringing so we don't end up with people dragging things across the country unnecessarily. We only really need one copy of Settlers Of Catan after all ;)

Hardware/Consoles
    10m HDMI Cable - Weirdo
    PS4 - Random88
    HTPC - Hanners
    Laptop with Bluray drive - Chaotico

Controllers
    Xbox One and Xbox 360 controller - Hanners
    PS4 fight stick, PC 360 wireless dongle + controllers - DiGiKerot
    2 Dualshock 4 controllers, PS3 fightstick, Xbox One controller - Random88

Board games
    Settlers of Catan, Seafarers of Catan, Dominion - Weirdo

Media
    Hard drive of ultimate anime - Hanners
    Sakura Gakuin Live, Babymetal - Chaotico
    PS4
    Blazblue Chronophantasma Extend, Nitroplus Blasterz Heroines inifinite Duel, Jack Box party pack - Random88

The Practical Stuff
    Rice Cooker - Gemsy-chan​

For reference the original UKAStock 2016 thread is here: http://www.uk-anime.net/forum/showthread.php?t=59157 - Please try to post anything not directly related to the above in there, but I wouldn't recommend trying to read all 55 (and counting) pages ;).

#1 megalomaniac, Mar 30, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 6, 2016
  2. Gemsy-chan

Gemsy-chan Resident Fujoshi

I plan to get to Matlock for between 12 and 1 but it all depends on the traffic as its a 4 hour drive for me. If possible I'd like to give my mobile number to someone closer to the time so I can inform them I'm on my way or when I get to Matlock.

3. Carlito

Carlito Registered

As stated on the other post, and maybe worth mentioning here (if not, delete this one). I am going to be going via Buxton, so if there are people who are heading that way, and not Matlock, I can fit 3 in the car. Although it's only a Focus so boot space is limited.

If there is, maybe you could PM me so I can arrange times, if not. Then I will also head direct to Matlock.

As for the tramway museum, As well as seeing some old trams, and even riding them. there is a walk to the old war monument. This will be on the Saturday, so I can have a drink in the evening. Also Sunday, there is an event on at the museum, but the traffic will be bad around Matlock. So this is another reason why it will be Saturday. All you have to do is pay for your own entrance fee if you want to come.

4. -Danielle-

-Danielle- Whore dollas all over the place...

Dan, if we dont get that last spot filled again, we just gona pay you the little bit extra cause of that when we get there or you want paypal again prior as I dont mind either :)

5. SUPERFISH5000

SUPERFISH5000 Church of Pancake

The train is prohibitively expensive: 150 and I don't have a railcard. I'm not 25 any more ;-;

Which means I'll be getting the bus (40 return!), which will get me into Sheffield just after 5pm. I'll then get a bus to meet you guys in Bakewell, looking at bus time's it'll be around 6.30 by the time I get there, just in time for Dinner!

6. megalomaniac

A potential alternative... you could fly to East Midlands Airport and I can take you from Nottingham? You'd have to be in Nottingham by 11 though and I'm not sure what flights cost from there. They're not too bad from Edinburgh I know that much from experience, and it's not a lot futher...

#6 megalomaniac, Apr 1, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 1, 2016
  7. ninja

ninja Token Angry Scot

Naomi and I will be arriving around 4pm assuming traffic doesn't utterly kill us. I'll grab some mobile numbers before we leave so we can update if things change (aka for when I get lost or if traffic is an utter nightmare).

Ninja edit : I'll also be taking down some Gin with me (no surprise there). Quite a few unopened bottles to share and I've got a malt gin that people need to try!

#7 ninja, Apr 1, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 1, 2016
  8. Weirdo

Weirdo UKA Editor in Chief
    Staff Member

Tony, my number hasn't changed so you should still have it from the last Ayacon :)

Don't think my phone number has ever changed...

I'll be bringing my Dutch gin and probably some other nice things.

9. rjessop

rjessop Registered

I'll probably head straight to the house for 17:00 and wait there. No room for passengers; I don't own a tandem :)

10. ninja

ninja Token Angry Scot

I dont think I do...srsly. Send it via DM on here or Twitter.

11. Hanners

Hanners Strawberry Sae forever

As I found myself starting to talk about this stuff on Twitter and I tend to become the self-proclaimed entertainment Tsar at these things, I figured it may be a good idea to sort out who is bringing what to keep us entertained for the weekend (as well as pose some questions to help figure out who should bring what).

TVs
    Do we know how many and what size TVs we have at this place? I'm willing to pack up my 40" LCD to throw in the car if needed...

Consoles
    - I believe Mr Mullarkey is bringing his PS4 along
    - I'll be bringing my HTPC for some light gaming duties (Fibbage, Drawful, Gang Beasts, Nidhogg etc)
    - Anything else we want/need here?

Controllers
    - A couple of PS4 compatible fight sticks sound like they would be handy
    - I'll bring an Xbox One and Xbox 360 controller, but we could probably do with some more PC compatible controllers if needed

Board games
    I have no idea, but we can figure out who wants to bring what here - I'll leave that to you guys

Anime
    We won't be watching any anime.
    Okay, okay, fine... I'll bring along my usual hard drive packed with stuff, but any requests for things people would love to watch as a group? Happy to hear requests and I (or someone else) can probably source them.

12. megalomaniac

"1 x TV with Freeview and 1 x DVD player in the main lounge (HDMI compatible)
    1 x large screen wall mounted TV with Freeview in the dining area"
    Whatever that means.

13. Weirdo

Weirdo UKA Editor in Chief
    Staff Member

I am bringing:

Settlers of Catan - Base
    Seafarers of Catan - Base
    Dominion - Base

10m Long HDMI Cable for additional Fibbage etc in case we split as a group.

14. Hanners

Okay. May bring my TV along just in case.

15. megalomaniac

Added your list to the first post...as a super powerful mod type feel free to tweek it as necessary.
    You're just bringing a disk packed with Girls Und Panzer...right? ;)

16. Hanners

If only the movie was out on Blu-ray in Japan a month earlier!

17. Shadow Cat

Shadow Cat HelloKittyIsMyWaifu

Only thing I've got planned to bring is sakura gakuin Live dvd's for anyone who wants to watch some Su, Yui and Moa outside of Babymetal as we have a few Babymetal fans. I've also got some AKB48 and Babymetal Dvd's I might chuck in.

I also have a Laptop with Bluray drive whats got a HDMI output so thats essentially a portable Bluray player

18. DiGiKerot

DiGiKerot Registered

My PS4 stick looks to fit comfortably in the bag I was looking to bring with me, and I can bring a PC 360 wireless dongle and some extra controllers if necessary.

I should make people watch Animation Runner Kuromi ^^;

19. latro

latro Anime Editor
    Staff Member

Maybe we should just watch the recording from the robot resturaunt that Tom made Hanners! Everyone would get a kick out of that!:D

At this point my main plan is just to survive the next 12 working days so I can come and relax.

20. Random88

Random88 The Videogame Guy

As Andy stated earlier. Yes I'll be bringing my PS4. I've got 2 Dualshock 4 controllers on it. and a PS3 fightstick that I need to check works. Games I'll have on it for UKA stock will be:
    Blazblue Chronophantasma Extend
    Nitroplus Blasterz Heroines inifinite Duel
    Jack Box party pack
    and quite a few Digital only games and PS+ games. If anyone wants any of the PS+ games from the past year or so on there. Let me know and I'll make sure they're downloaded before UKAStock
    some disc games I have that might be appropriate for the venue, if anyone wants me to bring any are
    Bloodborne
    Digimon cybersleuth
    Disgaea 5
    FFX|X-2 HD
    Guilty Gear Xrd
    Jstars victory Vs
    Megadimension Neptunia VII
    MGSV phantom Pain
    Mortal Kombat X
    Nights of Azure
    Omega Quintet
    Until Dawn