UKAStock 2016: The Plan

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by megalomaniac, Mar 30, 2016.

1. DiGiKerot

DiGiKerot Registered

PS3 stick functionality with the PS4 is a minor headache, frustratingly. There's not system wide support, and what is there basically only exists because some of the SkullGirls developers happened to know someone at Naughty Dog who was crazy enough to think that writing a custom USB stick driver was a fun thing to do (and they were kind enough to open source his efforts!)

So, basically, PS3 sticks will only work with games that have seen fit to include said driver (or variant), and first requires a standard PS4 controller for each user to be authenticated (and remain active for the whole session) so that it can side load the sticks input to that user.

Annoyingly from our point of view, I'm pretty sure PS3 stick support is pretty much limited to the Capcom games, Mortal Kombat X and, obviously, SkullGirls. Pretty sure none of the Arc games support them, nor Dengeki Bunko or N+ Blasterz.

Accessory manufacturer Brook make a couple of different adapters that allow PS3 devices to work with PS4, but those were a wee bit pricey to begin with, and pretty much anything controller related has become a massive headache to get ahold of since Street Fighter 5 released (otherwise I may well have picked one up myself, though I'm increasingly tempted just to rewire my 360 stick with a Brook multi-system PCB...)

#21 DiGiKerot, Apr 5, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 5, 2016
  2. -Danielle-

-Danielle- Whore dollas all over the place...

Yeah maybe bring a tv as not everyone may want to watch people play games. I know I wouldn't. Plus it's only fair to share out tv useage and the like as hell Freeview could even had a decent movie on one night hehe :)

3. Hanners

Hanners Strawberry Sae forever

We have two TVs in the place - Dan pointed out to me today that they're both pretty reasonably-sized, so I think we'll be safe with what's there by default.

4. -Danielle-

Ah that's good there's 2 tvs then as both can fulfil different "requirements" :)

Reviews of the place say there's a dishwasher too! I have no idea how to use one as I've always been the dishwasher! lol

5. Necro

Necro Grim User

I think a dishwasher is pretty essential at one of these; I hate them but who wants to clean 20+ plates and cutlery? :p

6. Hanners

Hanners Strawberry Sae forever

Yea, I actually rather enjoy washing and drying dishes (it's strangely cathartic for me), but doing so for so many people is a rather different proposition, so the dishwasher becomes all-important!

7. dapprman

dapprman Registered

I know what you mean about washing - drying however I leave to the atmosphere.

On another note, if there's any cosplayers amongst you should I bring along a tripod and maybe borrow a friend's lighting rig ?

8. latro

latro Anime Editor
    Staff Member

There won't be cosplay I'm afraid, we aren't a con......yet.....

9. -Danielle-

Well if someone shows me how to use it i'm happy to do my share of ze cleaning :)

Like i'd rather clean Sunday night and get a bit of a lie in then just leave the Monday too :p

10. megalomaniac

Do I recall someone (or a couple of someones) mentioning they have a rice cooker? As we're 23 (hopefully 24...) it might be prudent to have multiple rice cookers on the go.

11. Gemsy-chan

Gemsy-chan Resident Fujoshi

We have a rice cooker, i'm sure if i ask my mum & dad they'll let me bring it.

12. megalomaniac

That would be great if you can, thanks.

13. Gemsy-chan

Gemsy-chan Resident Fujoshi

I can take the rice cooker.

14. dapprman

dapprman Registered

Do we know how many microwaves they have as I have 2 microwave rice cookers (4 cups each)

15. Jamtea

Jamtea Bee cool

I will bring my rice cooker too. I reckon I can get a good 15-16 curry's worth of rice out of it, so the other one on the go will definitely make it enough to feed everyone.

What kind of rice is going on? The standard Nishiki/Japanese style rice?

16. dapprman

dapprman Registered

Jasmine fragrant rice - not got enough of the Nishiki medium grain rice (not sushi rice) nor basmati.
    [​IMG]

17. Jamtea

Jamtea Bee cool

Okay, well it really goes best with the Nishiki stuff. I've got a huge bag of it at home, so I'll take that with me anyway. Seems like the best thing to do really.

18. Elliotpage

Elliotpage Lazy Podcast Lord

Slightly late and tengenting question: will be have a bring-and-buy again? I could do with shifting some stuff onto lovely people ;)

19. megalomaniac

Check the first post... I'll just leave this here in case you can't find it: http://www.uk-anime.net/forum/showthread.php?t=61067 ;)

20. dapprman

dapprman Registered

Trust me Japanese curry goes very well with fragrant rice - combined these many a time over the years, only really started using Japanese (style) medium grain rice for a couple of years now - more for rice bowls.