UKAStock 2016: The Plan

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by megalomaniac, Mar 30, 2016.

1. -Danielle-

-Danielle- Whore dollas all over the place...

This rice is pretty much free food for us all (bar who's bringing it), who the hell would snub free food?!

Thanks to James and Dappr, both bring rice! We could lose electricity and the fridge make our food mank and therefore need to live off said rice! hehe.

My dressing gown and slipper socks are definitely coming with me. Pondering a hot water bottle now for if I get a bloat on or go cold lol. (Also pondering bringing my Eeyore to cuddle as I'm used to holding something when I sleep, it used to be a man, now its a toy :p).

2. DiGiKerot

DiGiKerot Registered

Ponderance: the fact that the second TV is listed as wall mounted as well as the fact that they don't explicitly call out the HDMI connectivity makes me think that it might prove to be a wee bit tricky to actually hook something up to it.

Not that I'd suggest yarking a 40" telly all the way through there, but if any of the car-bringers happen to maybe have a 20-22" HDMI PC monitor knocking around, that'd probably be handy as an alternative for some casual fight-man games.

3. dapprman

dapprman Registered

I'm tempted to bring some educational material with me ....
    Mason Ikoku (complete DVD set - fansubs as there was no official English language release - good quality though).
    Ramna 1/2 (official US DVD box set release series 1 and 2) - The anime of an era
    Slayers (official US DVD box set release series 1 and 2) - one for all RPG players out there

4. -Danielle-

Just as long as all tvs arent housing games anything brought is fine by me lol :p :)

Mounted one can be tv one. Would be nice to all watch something together on the last night as would make sense for stuff to be packed up that night anywho with early-ish checkout :)

5. Gemsy-chan

Gemsy-chan Resident Fujoshi

I have some japanese blu rays that have english subtitles. I can provide a list if anyone is interested and i could bring along to watch.

6. megalomaniac

Yup, you don't look a gift horse (rice...) in the mouth. :)

We have to run two rice cookers anyway by the sounds of it so it would literally be no extra work to do both varieties if that keeps all parties happy.

They both look ok, not top spec 4k or anything like that but flat screen and decent enough for a weekend. You can see both on this video if you're interested enough to sit through it: http://www.thornbridgemanor.co.uk/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=92&Itemid=68 - Looks like the wall mounted one's on an arm with plenty of clearance behind for connecting things.

From past experience one will be mostly used for viewing with an occasional gaming session while the other will be almost entirely the opposite. Looking at the layout/screens I'd suggest the lounge is best for communal viewing (and the now traditional JackBox session) while the wall mounted one in the dining room looks best for gaming (gotta get Robert, Paul and co. their fightmans fix).

7. megalomaniac

If any of those have the word Macross in the title... ;)

8. Hanners

Hanners Strawberry Sae forever

The set at the last place had basically no clearance for connecting things, but that didn't stop me managing it through sheer bloody-mindedness! :p

9. Gemsy-chan

Unfortunately not but i do have...

MSG Unicorn
    Space battleship Yamato 2199 series and film
    Hakkeden
    Buddy Complex
    Tiger & Bunny series plus Beginning & Rising
    Karneval
    Yukikaze
    Steins Gate movie
    Terra Formars

10. Weirdo

Weirdo UKA Editor in Chief
    Staff Member

Mmmm,

Yamato. Now that is tempting :D

Could bring some Macross... if people demanded Macross.

11. Hanners

I forgot the Steins;Gate movie had English subs while I was out in Japan. Harumph.

I have those Macross Frontier movies and Macross Plus on Blu-ray, and I will probably be faced with an urge to cram the opening episodes of Macross Delta into people's eyeballs at some point, because it's deculture.

12. Weirdo

Weirdo UKA Editor in Chief
    Staff Member

Having been a shite Macross fan and not seen these yet, I think a group watching with beer would be awesome.

Though, means I have to avoid watching it this weekend... which I probably ought to do given the review backlog...

13. Hanners

We'll be three episodes in by UKAstock, so that sounds like an hour of the weekend well spent. :D

14. -Danielle-

I'd love to see the Steins Movie personally since I'm bringing the game with me on my Brothers Vita too hehe. I'm happy to watch whatever though when I'm not out the house plus with current weather, having lots of back up tv will help.

Good idea on the tv splitting with the dining being the games room as the dining table is where I intend to host Cards Against Humanity on Saturday for drinking Birthday sesh. Of course drinking isn't a pre-requisite, just be ready to play evil sober like I have in the past mwahahahahaha :p :D

15. DiGiKerot

DiGiKerot Registered

I reckon we should just make people watch 0048 instead :p

16. Hanners

Or Symphogear! Hmmm...

17. DiGiKerot

DiGiKerot Registered

Well, more people do need to understand the magnificence of magical girls diegetically singing their own insert songs!

And also punching through mountains.

18. latro

latro Anime Editor
    Staff Member

May have to bring Sushi Police for half an hour of bonkersness!

19. Martin

Martin guitaku
    Staff Member

Anything Macross-related is an instant win for me.

YAS.

I'm up for a Love Exposure rewatch if anyone else is up for it btw. That or Survive Style 5+, which is officially the best movie ever.

20. Gemsy-chan

Since some people have mentioned Yamato & Steins Gate I'll bring those plus my personal choice of Yukikaze (as I love Yukikaze)