UKAStock 2016

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by megalomaniac, Aug 12, 2015.

1. Weirdo

Weirdo UKA Editor in Chief
    Staff Member

And... that looks booked :D

2. Hanners

Hanners Strawberry Sae forever

Seeing that list is a reminder of why I love this site and forum. :mrgreen:

3. megalomaniac

megalomaniac
    latro
    Hanners
    Necro
    Weirdo
    DiGiKerot
    rjessop
    Scorpion03
    Martin
    macloud
    TiggsPanther
    Carlito
    SUPERFISH5000
    Jamtea
    -Danielle-
    AnimeBrit
    Random88
    doogle
    Chaotico
    Elliotpage
    Gemsy-chan
    supremesoph
    Jon
    Ross

... that does indeed make 24.

4. Weirdo

Staff Member

Its a cool, and not 100% male list.

I approve :)

5. Jamtea

Jamtea Bee cool

Btw, I'll be having that double room again. Also, Japanese curry can be made too! Though I'll have to rethink my katsu timing to have it made at a more consistent rate...

6. latro

latro Anime Editor
    Staff Member

We aren't in the same place though so might not be one. Also with multiple persons of a female nature the girls will realistically have to share as not fair to expect them to share rooms with the lads if theres odd numbers. I'm sure we can all be trusted to be gentlemen but even so.

7. Jamtea

Jamtea Bee cool

Assuming the numbers are weird I guess, but all the places before have had at least one double, so assuming that is the same again, me and Soph will be best off in there. The proposed venue has doubles listed there.

Also, they have two BBQs there. Surely that means a BBQ extravaganza for one of the days!? :D

#87 Jamtea, Sep 3, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 3, 2015
  8. megalomaniac

Yes and no. Now we have the interest gauged I managed to get more details about the place including the precise room arrangement, I have good news and bad (bed) news...

The bad news is that contrary to the implication of flexible "12 double/twin bedrooms" on the website and a capacity of 24 some of the rooms are fixed doubles. Specifically there are 12 bedrooms which consist of 20 individual beds. Meaning four rooms are fixed double beds and the rest are twin rooms.

The good news is that of those 12 bedrooms 10 are en-suite, so no problems with bathrooms.

That changes the calculations a little. Obviously James & Sophie are happy to share a bed, but unless anyone else is (or fancies a prime floor/sofa spot) that caps the numbers to 21 which would push the cost up to 166.43 each. - How does that sit with everyone?

#88 megalomaniac, Sep 3, 2015
  9. Gemsy-chan

Gemsy-chan Resident Fujoshi

I don't mind the slight increase as long as i can pay in installments to however will book and pay.

Have you looked at any other venues?

10. Necro

Necro Grim User

Im perfectly happy to share if need be. As for floor/sofa, so long as it would be a rotation and not the entire weekend I'd put up with it for a night.

11. Weirdo

Staff Member

That does change things a little I must admit.

I'd wonder if the venue can actually change things at all or whether they would allow inflatable mattresses, or have spare rooms where these could be put in?

I'd suggest beds are allocated in advance, maybe offer those who don't get a gaurenteed bed a reduced rate compared to the rest of us. It's only fair afterall.

You could do bed shifts, but there is the issue of hygiene to consider in that, probably easier just to avoid it completely and bring something inflatable.

Another option is to welcome a few more couples, increase the head count, ok increases the number of people bedless, but if there are alternatives?

#91 Weirdo, Sep 3, 2015
  12. Shadow Cat

Shadow Cat HelloKittyIsMyWaifu

I'm more than happy to share or sleep on a sofa (so long as I'm not sleeping on the sofa all weekend)

What about Matt K?

This time I will remember what I order food-wise and will make sure I don't eat other people food. If it happens again, feel free to chuck me out.

13. megalomaniac

It'll probably be me, I don't mind taking instalments if necessary.

We've looked at many many other venues, and locations too. It's surprisingly difficult finding the right combination of facilities and beds in an easy to access (easy public transport access is a must for some of the regulars) central location (as we have folks from opposite ends of the country coming), they mostly have either fewer beds (or conversely far too many and a price to match), fewer facilities or more remote locations. That said there are other options in reserve if it turns out this one doesn't work out, but this is the best of the bunch we looked at. :mrgreen:
    That seems the most sensible... as for inflatable mattresses, how would they know? ;)
    With you two sharing that gets us up to squeezing 22 into the beds or 158.87 each. :-D
    Is that a proposition...? I'm not sure you're his type, but it can't hurt to ask ;)

#93 megalomaniac, Sep 3, 2015
  14. megalomaniac

Also, taken out of context this sentence is all kinds of lewd and 100% pure Weirdo™!
    ;):twisted::lol::mrgreen:8)

#94 megalomaniac, Sep 3, 2015
  15. Weirdo

Staff Member

>^_^<

As intended... I do hope that i'll never grow out of doing this, as it gives me so much joy in life...

16. Shadow Cat

Shadow Cat HelloKittyIsMyWaifu

Pretty sure I'm not his type lol

------------------

I don't like the idea of the inflatable ones, too much noise. Silicone are only like $8000 for full size and they are meant to be pretty good

17. Jamtea

Jamtea Bee cool

Why not give the sofa spots out at a discount? Seems fairer to do so :)

18. latro

latro Anime Editor
    Staff Member

I would have to suggest that sofa's are probably not a good alternative as having people sleeping in the living areas means that people can't use those areas whilst people are sleeping in them so those people have to be the last to bed every night and in the mornings they'd have to be the first ones up (and thats not me volunteering btw despite my morning habits). Also the living areas would prob start to smell a bit by the third day.

I must say that I'm not really thrilled about having to share a bed - no offense lads. If I have to I'll pay a higher rate if thats what we agree on (within reason of course).

19. rjessop

rjessop Registered

I second Latro's objection to sleeping in living areas. I'd be willing to sleep on a floor if need be. As long as there are plenty of bathrooms to go around I'm happy :)

20. Weirdo

Staff Member

Third for me. No to the lounge, but if there is like a room to one side maybe. Hell, do the rooms have sofas? Or space for blowup MATTRESSES? :)