UKAStock 2016

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by megalomaniac, Aug 12, 2015.

1. Random88

Random88 The Videogame Guy

Home now safe and sound. Carl gave me a lift to Preston which cut a lot of time on my journey. However every train from preston to Glasgow was cancelled as a freight train broke down this morning. Took a 2hour replacement bus to Carlisle and then from there an hour express train to Glasgow. Hectic day of travelling but totally worth it. Had a great weekend. Hope to see you guys for Scotland Loves Anime later in the year. If not, See you all next year.

Also looked through the photos. All those candids pics of me. Did not realise I was having my picture taken XD

2. supremesoph

supremesoph I'm turning into a foooooool.....

Arrived home after a pretty successful weekend for me and james to sloth and have a nap. There was anime watched AND outdoor activities. Blasphemy!

3. DiGiKerot

DiGiKerot Registered

Got home a while ago in more or less one piece, though I rather suspect that my shoulders may be complaining something rotten to me for the rest of the week.

Anyway, now to get to an entire weekends worth of backlogged streaming anime...

4. -Danielle-

-Danielle- Whore dollas all over the place...

Glad everyone is getting home ok :)

Too soon to talk about the next UKA Stock? ;)

5. Jamtea

Jamtea Bee cool

Never too soon!

6. Carlito

Carlito Registered

Sorry to hear about the problems with the trains, I did thought it was strange seeing so many coaches at Preston.

No it's not. Book me and Puru down for going next year. She has agreed. as long as she doesn't have to watch Ranma 1/2.

Anyway just wanted to say what a great weekend we had, and sorry if I seemed a bit anti-social on Friday/Saturday evenings, I was truly worn out.

Also a special thanks to James, Danielle, and Chaotico for cooking food for me. and Dapperman for planting a new earworm song in my head (Ramna 1/2 OP). And a very big thank you to Megalomaniac, for sorting things out :)

Added some of my pics, Sorry I didn't take any real candid shots of everybody, I don't know how people like their photos being taken.

So looking forward to next years, and one final thing

Poi

#1006 Carlito, Apr 25, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 25, 2016
  7. latro

latro Anime Editor
    Staff Member

Nope, we need a good long run up to decide where we're going/when to run (despite how simple it all should be its bloody complicated to organise!). No doubt megalomaniac and I will start banging our heads against the wall again very soon!

8. -Danielle-

No problem Carl, it's made me a teeny tiny bit more confident that I can take care of feeding others on top of myself lol :)

Thanks for arranging Dan!

Hopefully the next location will be somewhere I can get to :D

9. Random88

Random88 The Videogame Guy

yeah, those were all the replacement bus services. Made us queue from inside the station just to go outside again. madness. Although without getting to preston as quickly as I did would have probably taken me an extra hour or 2 to get home.

10. Martin

Martin guitaku
    Staff Member

Urgh, sorry to hear about the transport woes. :evil: My train trip went without a hitch, and the only unpleasant part of today's journey was a bit of windy road-induced nausea early on. Missing all you folks already.

It was great to catch up with everyone again - nothing beats good company when you're planning a long weekend away to get away from it all. :) Sorry that John and Matt couldn't make it this time - I hope you can join us next time around!

It's fair to say that Thornbridge Manor is going to be a venue in future then? I found it to be a great place and the location is beautiful. A bit off the beaten track perhaps, but we're a bunch of introverted geeks who were after a lazy escape!

A huge thank-you to the organisers of the accomodation and the food. It all worked out really well I think (DAT KATSU :-D).

11. -Danielle-

Yeah I miss everyone too Martin!!

I just want to say a big thank you to you all for being so welcoming. Was nice meeting so many of you for the first time.

I've been having it a bit shit with my depression and crap and being around a genuinely nice bunch like yourself has had a really good effect on me and I just hope it lasts for a while. Yep, you lot are my drug :p :)

12. Weirdo

Weirdo UKA Editor in Chief
    Staff Member

Sorry about that ^_^

I whole heartedly agree on this. Thornbridge Manor was excellent and I applaud the choice. It had its snags, but I think that we should totally go for this place in future if possible.

I hope that all went well with the owners?

And yes, that Katsu, and the rest of the food. I think we did quite right. Although I know there was snags, it totally worked from my POV.

Post-meet blues have kicked in, along with extreme exhaustion. Tomorrow at work is unfortunately going to suck. Ugh. Ah well.

13. Gemsy-chan

Gemsy-chan Resident Fujoshi

The top of my lega are seriously protesting, after all those steps at Blue John and then a 4 hour rive home which became longer due to an accident on the M27 which added an extra hour to an hour and half to my journey (i was literally 11 miles away from home when i got caught in the tailback). Lets just say it hurts a lot walking up and down my stairs...Owww

14. latro

latro Anime Editor
    Staff Member

The location was pretty good but we still won't really be confirming we'll be back there just yet - need to think about stuff like expansion/availability/cost etc.

15. Weirdo

Staff Member

Odd how its the day after you start suffering...

NOW I have a hangover... back feels like I have been abused by Timmy Mallet who has been granted the use of a rounders bat and my head feels like it has been repeatedly dipped into a hippopotamus's stomach acid.

Least I am on my own in the office today _

16. -Danielle-

So glad i'm off. Just had a huge sleep and now its time to walk my dog and then clean!!

Seb this weekend must of been proper holiday mode as no one ever gets a hangover on hol until they're home :p

#1016 -Danielle-, Apr 26, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 26, 2016
  17. Weirdo

Staff Member

What a hangover it is.

Office is also out of coffee, and I have a marketing event to go to at lunch.

I seriously just want to find a corner, and die. But preferably, i'd like to find a corner, which has my bed, and watch stuff while not thinking. Ow.

18. -Danielle-

That sucks :(

No hangover or anything for me. I was exhausted last night and feel if i was in work today i'd feel shit. Clocked about 9 hours sleep so think thats why i'm reet.

Doing my washing now but freaking cause I cant remember how to wash black milk outside of using the handwash setting lmao.

19. Shadow Cat

Shadow Cat HelloKittyIsMyWaifu

Unbearably tired after the weekend and I really didn't want to get out of bed but the Basingstone to Portsmouth train has made today well worth the effort getting up

Looking forward to any meetups, London/Manchester MCM and next years UK-A Stock

20. SUPERFISH5000

SUPERFISH5000 Church of Pancake

Thanks to Dan for organising, James for cooking, and everyone else!

I thoroughly enjoyed it. I got home around 11pm last night. Journey wasn't too bad as I managed to get up to date with Adventure time and even watched a couple Rick & Morty season 2 episodes.