UKAStock 2016

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by megalomaniac, Aug 12, 2015.

1. megalomaniac

Yeah, as an old git (and exhausted father) I really need a bed. I assume the rest of the 30 somethings to be of the same mind? Though ideally I wouldn't want to see anybody floored and the sofas in the lounge should be a no go for the reasons latro states.

They've updated the site a bit since we first started looking and there's now a floorplan on one of the pages: http://www.portlandhouse1870.co.uk/sleepingspace.html

I'm inclined not to worry too much about exact numbers at this point as long as everyone's happy with the place and the prices, and we can give the girls their own space. From past experience there will almost certainly be people drop out and and others wanting to come in as it comes to making a firm commitment and wallet raiding time...

So once everyone's happy we can look at booking it, get a date set in stone and then finalise the numbers.

2. -Danielle-

-Danielle- Whore dollas all over the place...

This does complicate a bit doesn't it.

I'm old enough to not be so Victorian with things although duno how the OH would feel as I like to big spoon automatically. But that's where a cuddly toy easily comes in handy lmao.

It's a nice idea to have, I hope I can come and get over any anxiety tied to it. Sucks it's not closer so I can't just escape if needs be lol. Was panicky enough clocking some of yas at MCM but I soon overcame that. I miss you and love you all haha.

3. Necro

Necro Grim User

I'll be the one to chime in that the 20 somethings also enjoy the comfort of a bed ;)

It'll work out regardless, I'm sure there aren't that many stubborn folk around here.

4. Martin

Martin guitaku
    Staff Member

My work/financial situation is still very much up in the air, so I don't think it would be fair to have me listed, just in case. Even if I'm back in work and able to pay up, I won't know what my hours/holiday allocation will be until nearer the time.

5. latro

latro Anime Editor
    Staff Member

Don't worry - we look scary but that just because we move in a pack in an endless hunt for tea and cookies!

6. latro

latro Anime Editor
    Staff Member

In terms of dates then if poss would prefer we avoided school hols as my new job is more of a pain about getting time off then than my old one (plus the place is probably fully booked then anyway).
    I make it that would put us going between Fri 08/04 - Fri 21/05 assuming we're still OK to go after me and Hanners get back from our long (and expensive)voyage!

How would this suit other folks?

7. rjessop

rjessop Registered

Those dates are fine with me.

8. Gemsy-chan

Gemsy-chan Resident Fujoshi

Those dates are good for me, plus anything close after the 15th would be better as that's my payday.

Also my birthday is in April (16th) so I can use this trip as a present for me.

9. latro

latro Anime Editor
    Staff Member

Huzzah - another ukastock birthday. We'll celebrate with the traditional round of teas!

10. Gemsy-chan

I don't really drink tea...i can have about one cup but thats it.

11. Necro

Necro Grim User

You've come to the wrong place.

I'll assume the dates are good for me.

12. megalomaniac

You don't really drink tea??? What is this heresy? Prepare the wicker man... :twisted:

Yours isn't the only birthday round then, so tea all round! ;)

That weekend (April 15th - 18th) is currently free... If that's ok for everyone we can get it booked.

13. Scorpion03

Scorpion03 Holo

Those dates look fine with me, it will just be a matter of chasing my company for the holiday since they like being difficult lately.

14. Gemsy-chan

Those dates are perfect for me. Plus booking holiday is easy for me as I'm the one who does the rota and authorises everyone else's holiday.

I'm just not a tea drinker and I hate coffee. I'll bring some diet coke and juice.

15. Weirdo

Weirdo UKA Editor in Chief
    Staff Member

Those dates are good for me :)

16. Shadow Cat

Shadow Cat HelloKittyIsMyWaifu

Oh wow. Organising something on a weekend I wont be working. Somethings terribly wrong

17. rjessop

rjessop Registered

Oh dear god, no! Sad that both Christopher Lee and Edward Woodward are dead now.

It's my birthday too! Tea? I think I'll stick to my coffee :)

18. Jamtea

Jamtea Bee cool

Dates sound good! Make sure it's another sunny one though! ;)

19. supremesoph

supremesoph I'm turning into a foooooool.....

Even if it came to us sharing space it's not too much of an issue I hope ^^. Not wanting to see anyone suffer to be comfortable over the weekend is probably a higher priority though.

20. Acteon

Acteon Behind you...

Tell you what, put me on the "reserve" list since I came in late - frees up some space. If enough people can't make it and room becomes available, pop me back in.