What did you get this week?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by SUPERFISH5000, Apr 21, 2012.

1. Weirdo

Weirdo UKA Editor in Chief
    Staff Member

[​IMG]

Christ, this cost me a fortune. But, oh so pretty!

-Danielle- likes this.
  2. ic

ic Registered

More PC stuff!

[​IMG]
    So I spotted this cheap internal USB 2 card reader in PC World. Only around 4 quid. Only thing is it's a 3.5 inch front bay size, and no one has those any more…

So I ordered on eBay (and it arrived today) an adaptor to allow me to fit it into my remaining 5.25 inch front bay, and after a fair amount of cursing (tool less front bay my ass. Ended up taking the whole bay out, screwing it in place on the side with out the tool less install thing, screwing the bay back in place, losing a thumb screw, then just after I put the front cover on I found it so I had to take it off and screw it on) I got it installed (the actual USB 2 cable was the easy part, it just fit on the header on my motherboard, just had to temporarily unplug the USB 3 header cable to fit it in place).

[​IMG]
    And here it is in place. Excuse the dust, I wiped it after taking the photo. Also the colour difference isn't so noticeable in real life. So much quicker getting photos off the SD card via this than plugging my digital camera into a USB port.

[​IMG]
    It's just recognised as a USB connected card reader, as you see in the left in the Disks settings application.

I think my PC is pretty much done build wise. Though I keep staring at Ryzen builds online. One day… one day.

3. -Danielle-

-Danielle- Whore dollas all over the place...

Bought some Hans Zimmer tickets for me and some UKA-ers :)

Martin and Seb, come pay day can you help and lass out and fund me that please? :) November credit card bill already had more than I aimed for before this massive ticket bill :p

4. Martin

Martin guitaku
    Staff Member

Aye, pay day's tomorrow!

I'm really looking forward to this. :cool:

5. Cell

Cell Ye ragin', aye?

I got a ticket to see Ayreon perform the entirety of the Into Electric Castle in Tilburg next year. Will I be shot at Schiphol when Brexit means Brexit? I'll find out, I guess.

6. Weirdo

Weirdo UKA Editor in Chief
    Staff Member

Dani: can you ping me your bacs details?

7. ic

ic Registered

This actually came the other week, but I'll explain why I didn't post it until today later in the post…

[​IMG]
    The Collector's Edition of Zerosphere, which as you can tell is a brand new Amiga game by heckmeck! and published by poly.play.

[​IMG]
    Comes with the game on CD with manual(floppy disk version is available too, along with regular editions from poly.play), poster, stickers, yoyo and a microSD card with images of the game (both floppy and cd) for emulation, soundtrack, manual and a whole bunch of behind the scenes images.

[​IMG]
    Here it is running in FS-UAE on my Linux PC, showing the distorted nature of its little trick, you have to squint in order to see the level regularly, and of course you have a limited amount of squinting.

I did order Amiga Forever in order to get the Kickstart ROMs, downloaded it onto my Windows 10 laptop (urgh…) and installed then copied the files over. Still waiting for my dvd though, which would have made it a bit easier to copy said files (including a whole bunch of disk images as well as the ROMs) but hey, I got it running at least :)

[​IMG]
    Finally I picked up a RGB Scart lead for the Amiga, hopefully I can find my old Amiga A600 and use it once again. If not I'll hunt one down on eBay. Retro Computer Shack does a whole bunch of leads, including for the Spectrum, C64 and Sega Mega Drive (1 and 2).

8. -Danielle-

-Danielle- Whore dollas all over the place...

I has no BACS but is this the same as just shoving you my sort code and a/c number? *embarrassed* lol.

Martin, which method you want? Can either shoot it to me Mams paypal or my deets :)

I bought way too much expensive sh*t in Oslo. Defo gonna go back knowing how to make it cheaper next time! Butties in stores average £5. Paid £5 for a coke zero and gum! lol. Rejected every offer for a receipt bahahaha. #denial

9. ic

ic Registered

[​IMG]
    A 5 port gigabit ethernet Switch. Not the most exciting of purchases, I know. Is it me or is wired networking stuff really hard to come by nowadays? I know WiFi is cool and all, but sometimes you can't beat the reliability of wired networking. Just need to get a pair of 0.6m Cat-6 cables for my Xbox One (which has currently got a way too long cable) and PS4 (which is currently connecting via WiFi)

And Praise the Sun! \[T]/ Had to get the amiibo of everyone's favourite sun worshipper from Dark Souls, Solaire of Astora. Let's engage in jolly cooperation everyone.

10. ic

ic Registered

Some more Switch gaemz
    [​IMG]
    Fortnite Deep Freeze Bundle, which is just some download codes inside a Switch case… & Civilization VI.

[​IMG]
    Pokemon Let's Go: Eevee + Pokeball Plus and SNK 40th Anniversary Collection LE (with OST cd, art cards and art book)

11. Cell

Cell Ye ragin', aye?

IMG_20181119_190319.jpg My flatmate went to Japan and picked up a few small Touhou bits for me. Considering she had no idea what characters I like, she did a decent job.

12. Shantiquekik

Shantiquekik New Member

13. ic

ic Registered

[​IMG]
    Harley Quinn Art Fx statue. Based on the orginal design from the classic animated series, of course.

[​IMG]
    A Ryzen 3 2200G, 16GB of DDR4 ram and an ASRock B450 Gaming-ITX/ac motherboard. Haven't had a chance to get these set up yet, they should of arrived yesterday but didn't arrive till late today.

Didn't know Sound Blaster was still a thing, huh… also the heatsink/fan AMD supply with the Ryzens is pretty beasty. Certainly feels more premium than the rather tiny and boring looking one they supplied with my A8-7650K.

14. ic

ic Registered

It's been a bit manic the past week or so.

[​IMG]
    SNES Classic Mini, some Steam credit, Civilization Beyond Earth, and Further & Golf Story for the Switch

[​IMG]
    Super Smash Bros Ultimate! Probably the only game I'll be playing for a fair while!

[​IMG]
    A Gamecube controller, I already have the USB adaptor that orginally came out for the Wii U. Weird seeing a new GCN controller in 2018…

[​IMG]
    The Rising Tide expansion for Beyond Earth (the two of these cost less than Beyond Earth costs on Steam…) and a 8bitdo GBros Adaptor which allows you to use a GCN or Wii Classic Controller (or NES/SNES controller) wirelessly with a Switch or PC.

15. ErickJh0ns

ErickJh0ns New Member

I bought Naruto Manga this week and look my Naruto Hoodies just arrived. :)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

16. J.Akorah

J.Akorah Member

I actually had a chance to play some Ultimate the day it was released. It was pretty great! I really enjoyed the Splatoon character. I could definitely see myself wasting my life in that game lol.

Do you know if those new gamecube controllers work with the original gamecube? I still play a lot of Melee but all my old controllers are busted and it's really tough to find a suitable replacement. If those ones work I could definitely see myself getting a couple.

17. ic

ic Registered

Yep! It actually says on the box, it lists all 4 Nintendo consoles they work with. Which is a bit mind blowing, seeing Gamecube, Wii and Wii U logos (along with Switch) on an accessory box in 2018.

The World of Light mode will take plenty of time to play through, I have to say. Oh and I love how Classic now has special bosses for characters instead of everyone fighting Master Hand. Link and the other Zelda characters fight Gannon for example. Meanwhile Yoshi fights someone surprising for his final boss,
    Only a damn Rathalos from Monster Hunter!

#5257 ic, Dec 12, 2018
    Last edited: Dec 12, 2018
  18. J.Akorah

J.Akorah Member

I ended up looking for one of the new controllers today but nowhere seemed to be selling them. By sheer chance I did end up finding a fairly decent original GC controller for £15 in the local Cex so I'm hoping it will tide me over. If it ends up breaking in a couple months I'll probably cave and get the new one.

From what I've seen I thought the single-player modes did seem pretty cool! I'm a bit sad that there's fewer cutscenes compared to Subspace but it looks not too bad. Those final bosses sound pretty sweet. I wonder who Villager/Isabelle has to fight...

19. Matt Adams

Matt Adams New Member

I am also a new member but I thought, rather then posting a new thread to introduce myself I should start with saying welcome to someone else who is also new :) I myself deal in the best Hajj and Umrah packages. You can trust our services and our friendly behavior as we are the best UK travel agency.

20. latro

latro Anime Editor
    Staff Member

Gin. Lots of gin! Also socks.

Shadow Cat likes this.