What did you get this week?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by SUPERFISH5000, Apr 21, 2012.

1. Shadow Cat

Shadow Cat HelloKittyIsMyWaifu

I do not own a couple hundred pounds worth of Hello Kitty Pens

Mainly because I dont want to give scalpers money

2. Shadow Cat

Shadow Cat HelloKittyIsMyWaifu

Black Rock Shooter on DVD :)

I dont like buying DVD's but this never got a BR release -_-

3. ic

ic Registered

[​IMG]
    The only thing I've got recently is this, another CEX find and the last Call of Duty to come out on a Nintendo platform, despite the Switch selling like hotcakes Activision haven't really supported it…

Said branch of CEX also had a copy of Game & Wario but it was twenty quid and had a reprinted cover on it, so didn't get it despite wanting it for the collection. Cheaper or the same price with its orginal cover yeah, but otherwise no way

#5283 ic, Mar 6, 2019
    Last edited: Mar 8, 2019
  4. ic

ic Registered

[​IMG]
    Hey its double discount at work this weekend, so I popped into my towns branch (I work at a much bigger branch in Cheshunt) and picked up some Lego like any mature adult would. Save £9, which is a big saving considering how expensive they are. As you can guess this one let's you make your own stop motion Lego Movie shorts with the help of a phone (or tablet, I guess?) app. It's pretty cool. Here's a link to it on the Lego website.

And a couple more Limited Run Games Switch releases.

5. dapprman

dapprman Registered

6. ic

ic Registered

[​IMG]
    Graphics card upgrade! Now got a RX 480 with 8gb of GDDR5 vram, which I spotted in the local(ish) CEX at the weekend and they still had in today. Very nice performance increase over my RX 560 2gb model. Which is actually closer to the 460 in terms of performance but hey, doesn't matter now.

Doom has gone from 30-40fps on a run through the first level in arcade mode to 120-140fps average :eek: so that's over 3 times! Not every thing I tested showed the same increase, but everything ran smoother and better (expect for The Talos Principle, which had a major engine update recently which I think has screwed something up. Still need to properly tweak it)

7. dapprman

dapprman Registered

I'm not the only one who might have one of these ....

My blog post on it can be found at https://dappr.net

Shadow Cat likes this.
  8. ic

ic Registered

[​IMG]

Random CEX find! Yeah that's the Mac port of Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare for a mere quid. Case is a bit beat up but disc (and the actual cover insert) is fine. I love how it's from the time period where you had to point out "Intel only". Wonder how well my old iMac (which is from around this time period) will play it?

I now own this game 5 times, 6 if you count PS+.

Shadow Cat likes this.
  9. ic

ic Registered

[​IMG]
    Another CEX find, the orginal Prey for the Mac. This can run on PowerPC Macs, though I don't have any G5 Macs so I can't try it on those. Also got Wicked 15th Anniversary Edition on CD because of course I would after seeing it in the theatre.

10. SleepyTaco

SleepyTaco New Member

I bought Caladrius Blaze and Vanguard Princess on Steam.
    Caladrius Blaze.png Vangaurd Princess.png

11. Ch1cken

Ch1cken Member

Prey lol, that takes me back/

12. ic

ic Registered

Underrated game I always thought.

Anyway I haven't posted in a while. Here's a couple of things I got recently

[​IMG]
    Wolfenstein Youngblood Deluxe Edition in Switch, which slightly annoyingly is just a download code in a box but oh well, and Wolfenstein Cyberpilot for the PS4. Game also sent a bonus Youngblood steelbook, twice. Nice of them I guess? Let's kill some Nazis! Or as twitter would probably call them, nice normal regular people

[​IMG]
    Alita Battle Angel 4k blu-ray, 3d blu-ray and regular blu-ray triple pack. Now why can't more films be released like this so I don't have decide between the 3d version and the 4k version?

(though I've only seen one film in 4k, which was Spider-man Into the Spider-verse, which is a really good film to show it off with!)

13. NapHime

NapHime New Member

A mini fridge (photos pending, needs more stickers)