What do you take to conventions?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Shadow Cat, Mar 18, 2017.

1. Shadow Cat

Shadow Cat HelloKittyIsMyWaifu

I'm just wondering what people take to Conventions

And maybe include a few things you see people take to conventions you find either impractical or simply annoying

2. Necro

Necro Grim User

A bag. That's basically it.

As for things people take that annoy me, signs. More specifically, "free hugs" signs or similar. Go away, nobody wants to hug you, you sweaty mess

3. Cell

Cell Ye ragin', aye?

A bag, clothes and a charger. I don't pack too heavily.

4. duoinchains

duoinchains t'other resident yaoi fan

ALL OF THE STEAMPUNK THINGS!

:D

As we usually work the steampunk area (certainly at MCM), our usual load includes 2-3 outfits each, a mannequin (and outfit for that) and whatever steampunk gadgets/gizmos/things we want to display.

On the rare occasions we attend a con as regular punters, just the usual hand/shoulder bags containing drinks, snacks and the usual stuff.

Large rucksacks are a particular bugbear of mine - we often get these at model railway exhibitions as well as cons and the folk wearing them always seem to forget they stick-out a further 18" when they decide to turn round in a crowded space...

5. Weirdo

Weirdo UKA Editor in Chief
    Staff Member

Phone charger / battery, Sony NEX-5T with the 35mm lens (eeeee, looking forward to trying this properly at a convention!), shoulder bag, water :D

Obviously... also money.

#5 Weirdo, Mar 20, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 20, 2017
  6. Shadow Cat

Yeh I really need to look at getting a decent sized battery bank for Cons/Traveling at some point

7. Dandaman

Dandaman Awesome!

A bag, my phone and my wallet.

I always tell myself I won't buy anything but leave with a full bag. :p

8. -Danielle-

-Danielle- Whore dollas all over the place...

Little backpack, portable charger, money and phone. A Vita or 3DS if I'm travelling far. Oh and anything I want signed :)

I just wish people would bring more of their attention span with them. Seriously, do not keep walking forward when you are not looking ahead. You will walk into me and I will not step aside for you.

9. Shadow Cat

I'm fine with people not paying attention where they're walking as Its easy to move over a few feet, or if they walk in front of me just make sure I protect my stuff when I walk into them

The thing that does annoy me though is people just stopping, don't give any indication they're going to stop, they just stop.

10. -Danielle-

-Danielle- Whore dollas all over the place...

Yeah that ones really bad. Almost face planked into someones back and that before.

Also people who do use the halls for seating, keeping their belongings more out in the walk ways. I put mine on me or to the side, not in front. Manchester and Liverpool it's no issue but London is manic.

11. SleepyTaco

SleepyTaco New Member

Too much. My bag will have my purse in it, my phone, a battery pack, a charger, my makeup for the day to touch up, wig care supplies (combs, brushes, a detangling and a conditioning spray) and a cosplay emergency kit (needle and thread, a thread unpicker, a small tube of the really strong stuff of super glue and safety pins). Oh and a pen! You never know when you'll need a pen.